Our Mission: We are driven by our mission to foster hope in God by closing the achievement gap and preparing our students for college and beyond. We are fueled by our love for God and his care for every one of our students which motivates us to get better every day. Join our team of mission-driven brothers and sisters to work hard, do good, and make a difference.
*Very Important: Before applying please read and carefully review our Mission + Vision, our Faith & Life Covenant, and our guiding principles about Cultural Harmony. All board members, faculty and staff are joining a covenant community in serving here at Hope Academy.
Position is for the 2022-23 school year.
Hope Academy is looking for someone who enjoys the company of 8th through 12th grade students and is willing to give loving nudges when needed as they oversee three periods of Upper School study hall and additional time of hallway supervision during lunch. Because of arriving to Hope Academy part way through middle school, some 8th grade students have study hall instead of Latin. Other students are in study hall because they have fulfilled their elective requirements, while many other juniors and seniors are in it as a work period for their online PSEO classes. The person in this position is responsible for making sure students are using their study hall time wisely.
- Hours are Monday through Friday from 12:15-4:25 p.m. Slightly different schedule on Fridays. This schedule includes 3 study hall classes, lunch responsibilities, and other tasks during an additional period.
- Supervise 8th, 11th, and 12th grade students in study hall.
- Lunch responsibilities (usually monitoring the hallways).
- Pay rate is $17.00 per hour.
- Position could possibly be combined with part-time roles at Hope Academy.
General Faculty Qualifications
- Supportive of the school’s mission to foster hope in God within the inner-city neighborhood of Minneapolis by providing youth with an outstanding, Christ-centered education.
- Ability to effectively educate in a multi-racial, multi-ethnic, and economically under-resourced urban community.
- Willingness to go above and beyond in building relationships with students.