Position: Hope Academy is seeking a Partner Engagement and Expansion Officer to join our development team. This is a highly relational role responsible for securing financial support for Hope Academy by cultivating deeper relationships with current financial Partners, expanding the number of Partners supporting our students and families, and assisting the development team in growing the Partner support model. This position reports to the Head of Institutional Advancement.
Mission: To foster hope in God within the inner-city neighborhoods of Minneapolis by providing youth with a remarkable, Christ-centered education. Hope Academy serves over 590 students with the objective of reaching 700 students by the year 2026. While the operating support for nearly all private schools is tuition-focused, at Hope Academy nearly 90% of our operating costs are provided by generous financial supporters. Our low-income families contribute as they are able (tuition covers about 10% of our operating costs) and generous financial Partners (who sponsor one or more students) and others provide the rest.
*Very Important: Before applying please read and carefully review our Mission + Vision, our Faith & Life Covenant, and our guiding principles about Cultural Harmony. All board members, faculty and staff are joining a covenant community in serving here at Hope Academy.
- Partner with God and others to grow and sustain His transformative work at Hope Academy through the ministry of Kingdom-minded generosity.
- Actively identify and pursue new financial Partner prospects, inviting prospects to regular and special events (i.e. in-person and virtual tours, fundraising and cultivating events), and following up with guests to gauge and cultivate interest and facilitate next steps to donor and/or volunteer engagement.
- Regularly and meaningfully connect with a specified group of new and existing financial Partners, building relationships and helping them discover greater joy in their charitable giving, in general, and increased joy in their support of Hope Academy, in particular.
- Maintain a timely and thorough record of donor contacts (phone, email, text, face-to-face) and work with the development team to increase the relationship-building efforts of Hope Academy — thanking, connecting, cultivating, informing, inspiring, encouraging, and ministering to our supporters.
- Galvanize and equip current Partners to spread the word about Hope Academy.
- Highly missional. Agree with Hope Academy’s Mission & Vision & Faith and Life Covenant.
- Humble. A team player.
- Hungry. Intrinsically motivated, diligent, and a history of going above and beyond.
- People Smart. High emotional intelligence, interpersonal awareness in relationships and group situations, and woo.
- Culturally Adept. Able to adapt and connect with people from a wide range of backgrounds, cultures, experiences, and core motivations/convictions.
- Motivator. Strong communicator able to galvanize others toward a common objective.
- Risk-taker. Create paths where none existed before and willingly dive into new territory.
- Excellent. High level of care for excellence and follow-through.
- Grounded. Deeply rooted in Christian faith and demonstrating high moral integrity.
- Trained and Experienced.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in marketing, communications, business, public relations or a related field.
- Minimum three years (more preferred) of successful experience in marketing, sales, major gift fundraising, or an external, relational position in a similar non-profit.
Compensation and Benefits
- Starting salary depending on experience and qualifications of the candidate.
- Full-time, benefit-eligible position. Part-time arrangement possible depending on the candidate.