Type: Full-time position.
Our Mission: The mission of Hope Academy is to foster hope in God within the inner-city neighborhoods of Minneapolis by providing youth with a remarkable, Christ-centered education. Hope Academy serves over 590 students with the objective of reaching 700 students by the year 2026. While the operating support for nearly all private schools is tuition-focused, at Hope Academy nearly 90% of our operating costs are provided by generous financial supporters. Our low-income families contribute as they are able (tuition covers about 10% of our operating costs) and generous financial Partners (who sponsor one or more students) and others provide the rest.
*Very Important: Before applying please read and carefully review our Mission + Vision, our Faith & Life Covenant, and our guiding principles about Cultural Harmony. All board members, faculty and staff are joining a covenant community in serving here at Hope Academy
Hope Academy is seeking a Storytelling & Stewardship Manager to join our Advancement Team—a gifted communicator with a passion for people. Working alongside the Advancement Team, this person will play a key role in stewarding and growing the impact of Hope Academy through storytelling, marketing, and relationship building.
- Storytelling. Capture impactful stories that share the essence of Hope, including videos and live testimonies.
- Events. Produce & direct live programs for development events that move the hearts of our guests. Major events include Partner Day events in September and May, and our Evening of Hope gala in November.
- Strategy. Develop and oversee Advancement marketing & communications strategy and content calendars. Investigate ways to improve platforms and technologies used.
- Marketing. Create content and oversee development of all marketing materials for the Advancement team, with an eye for beauty and excellence.
- Branding. Seek ways to elevate the Hope Academy brand through marketing, advertising, public relations, and/or community partnerships.
- Writing. Help craft thoughtful messaging and compelling appeals to further the mission of Hope.
- Project Management. Help lead Advancement team in various projects and events, overseeing timelines and deliverables.
- Stewardship. In collaboration with the Advancement team, steward and grow relationships with a group of Hope Academy supporters, connecting them to the impact of their generosity. Actively work with Advancement team to meet annual fund and capital project fundraising goals.
- Relationship Building. Engage and build trust with Hope Academy’s varied audiences, creating a messaging, content, and story pipeline.
- Grants. Supervise grant expansion coordinator and oversee grant application submissions and relationships.
- Leadership. Actively participate in weekly Advancement Team Leadership meetings.
- Highly missional. Agree with Hope Academy’s Statement of Faith & Faith and Life Covenant.
- Humble. A team player.
- Hungry. Intrinsically motivated, diligent, and a history of going above and beyond.
- Smart. High emotional intelligence and interpersonal awareness in relationships and group situations.
- Curious. Innately interested in understanding people; strong desire to learn; fueled by curiosity.
- Excellent. Driven to create high-quality outputs. High level of care for excellence and follow-through.
- Self-starting. Create paths where none existed before and willingly to dive into new territory.
- Stewardship Minded. Interested in stewarding and cultivating generosity for Kingdom purposes.
- Grounded. Deeply rooted in Christian faith and demonstrating high moral integrity.
- Adaptable. Able to adapt and connect with people from a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, ages, and core motivations/convictions.
- Trained and Experienced.
- – Bachelor’s degree preferred, especially in marketing, communications, business, public relations or a related field.
- – Minimum three years (five or more preferred) of successful experience in marketing, communications, development, public relations, advertising, and/or storytelling.
Compensation & Benefits
- Starting salary depending on experience and qualifications of the candidate.
- Full-time, benefit-eligible position.