Our Christmas programs are going virtual this year! Stay tuned for a YouTube Premiere event on Thursday, December 17th at 7pm. This will be a very special program titled “This is the Stable” featuring our very talented K-5 students! More info to come.
LOWER SCHOOL ANNOUNCEMENTS
To keep our students and staff distanced after the Thanksgiving holiday, most K-12 students will be moving to 100% Distance Learning for the week of November 30-December 4. Students will participate in school from home with these exceptions:
- Lower School children of essential workers. If you are an essential worker, your student may be at Hope (receiving school instruction virtually) between 7:45 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Selected Upper School students (5-Day Learning Students) or students of essential workers. Those students can still attend before or after school ASC.
- Upper School Hybrid Students will still have their Specialist/Elective/Advisory/College & Career classes. Those classes will have brief class check-ins at their normal class time where they will be given work expectations at that time.
- To register, email email@example.com or call 612-540-2000.
- – No bus transportation. Breakfast and hot lunch will be provided for in-person students. Distance learners can pick up free food for the week from designated Minneapolis locations. Click here for pick-up information.
When do I need to contact Hope Academy about COVID symptoms or exposure?
Reach out to our COVID Coordinator ASAP if in the past 14 days you have
- Had close contact with someone testing positive to COVID-19
- Tested positive yourself for COVID-19
- Someone in your household is exhibiting COVID-related symptoms. (See below for list of common symptoms).
This aids us in providing support to your family promptly, and in keeping the other members of our community safe. MDH recommends that you/your family members be tested in these situations.
How do I contact the COVID Coordinator?
Our COVID Coordinator, Nathanael Smith, can be contacted by phone (612.540.2820) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
What options are available for testing?
Here are both in-person and delivered testing options for your family, regardless of insurance:
- FREE Home Saliva Test (Delivered to you!)
- FREE In-Person MN Testing locations (Saliva & Nasal)
- Other FREE In-Person Saliva Tests
- Additional Info for Free Un-Insured Testing
Please note that the Minnesota Department of Health does not count students or staff who were not in the building when contagious. Updated 11/27/20.
- Number of current Hope Academy COVID-19 staff cases = 1
- Number of current Hope Academy COVID-19 student cases = 2
- Number of current cohorts moved to Distance Learning = 2 (Upper School Specialist Cohort, Lower School Classroom Cohort)
Click here to reference our COVID-19 Case Grid. Please be praying for all those affected by COVID. Thank you for your continued partnership, and may God help us to trust him as our refuge and strength. Send questions to email@example.com.
Hope Academy’s E-Book Fair will take place between Nov. 13th – Nov. 30th.
Any books purchased online will earn Hope Academy 50% back in FREE books.
Share the link with all your friends and family. All orders need to be completed by 11:59 PM on November 30th.
Shipping and Handling purchasers responsibility.
The ordering Live link for Hope is: https://y3173.myubam.com/1863251
PowerSchool, our new school information system, is now live! You will be able to check your student’s grades, view their lunch account, check attendance, and register for classes. An email was sent out with your child’s access code and password. You will need to create a parent account and link it with your students info. Click here for more PowerSchool parent information. Don’t forget to download the PowerSchool app too! (District Code: GGXD)
Hope Academy has created your parent account on the SecurlyHome app! You will now receive your child’s weekly online activity report via email. Want a real time view of this activity? Download the Free SecurlyHome app. Instructions were emailed to you, so check your inbox! (This email came from firstname.lastname@example.org so make sure to check your junk or spam folder if you don’t see it). As a reminder, Securly is our new content filtering and monitoring application. With the transition to more devices, we wanted to take some extra precautions in internet safety for your children.
Due to COVID-19, Hope Academy will not be able to offer youth basketball this winter. Please email any questions to Mrs. Heather Timm at email@example.com.
The small lot on 24th street is reserved for student parking this year. Please DO NOT park in this lot during any time of the school day. Thank you.
We are rapidly approaching flu season. Protecting your family from getting the flu is very important, especially this year with COVID-19. You can make an appointment at your clinic for the flu shot.
By issuing students of the same grade the same type of device (Laptops, Chromebooks, and iPads), we hope to make technology access and learning opportunities equitable. All students have the same tools aligned with teaching and designed to best support their learning. Please remember that using the borrowed device is a privilege and not a right. You and your student are responsible for the borrowed device until you return it at the end of the year. Click here to read the Borrowed Device handbook.
Want to submit a tech ticket? Have questions about Microsoft TEAMS or want to ensure your internet runs smoothly? Check out our new Technology FAQ’s page! https://hopeschool.org/technology-faq/
New bus protocols include wearing a mask, siblings sitting together, buses being loaded back to front, buses being exited front to back, keeping the seat behind the driver empty, and leaving windows & overhead hatches open (weather permitting). There is also a new bus app this year! Download ‘Versatrans My Stop’ from the App Store to get bus stop information and live bus tracking updates. Please select “MN Charter Schools (MN)” for our school district Click here for more bus app information.
Gym entrance on E. 22nd Street
• Morning Drop-Off: 9:30-9:55 am
• Afternoon Pick-Up: LS: 4:15 pm and US: 4:25 pm
Late Pick-Up Fee: If any K-5 student (not enrolled in after care) is not picked up by 4:45 they will be sent to after school care and the family will be billed $10 for every 15 minutes late.
Transportation Changes: All changes in transportation for your students need to be called in to the office before 3 p.m.
If your child is feeling sick (vomiting / 100-degree temperature / lice / other contagious health concerns) the night before OR morning of a school day, they MUST remain at home in order to prevent the spread of illness. Children with any of these symptoms will be sent home if they come to school.
Please call 612-540-2000 by 10:00 a.m. to report your child’s absence and provide the reason for your child’s absence. Additionally, for Upper School 50/50 Hybrid students, our Upper School Office must be notified if your child is ill and needs to stay home from in-person classes so that we can notify your student’s teachers. It is not an option to stay home on in-person days for reasons other than illness.
We offer Before (7:45-9:45 a.m.) and After School Care (4:30-5:30 p.m.) for Lower School students. These are relaxed times of physically distanced social interaction and play. Fees are on a sliding scale based on tuition. Call the main office to register (612-540-2000). Click here for more information.