It’s that time of the year already! To help us prepare for the fall, we are asking ALL parents to complete our 2021-22 transportation form. Click here for the Transportation Form! This form should take less than 3 minutes to complete. Please complete one form per student. This form is for both bus riders and people doing parent pick-up. Deadline to complete is July 28, 2021. Also a reminder that busing is only available within the city limits of Minneapolis, to and from a home or childcare facility. Busing is not available outside the city limits of Minneapolis, nor to a business address. Questions? Contact Janette Takata at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-540-2010.
LOWER SCHOOL ANNOUNCEMENTS
Invite them to a July Admissions tour and receive $75 off your tuition!*
Tours in July:
July 13th at 11:30 am
July 22nd at 6 pm
July 27th at 11:30 am
Have them go to hopeschool.org/kindergarten-info to get in touch with an Admissions team member & sign up for a tour!
*To receive your tuition credit…
(1) The family has to have a student eligible for Kindergarten (5 years old by Sept. 1st).
(2) A parent or guardian of the prospective kindergartner has to attend an Admissions virtual tour in July.
(3) The family you refer must list your name as the person who referred them.
Questions? Contact La’Toyra at 612-540-2092.
This is the final Hope Happenings for the 2020-21 school year… Enjoy your summer break! We will start back up later in August.
Thank you all for taking our Parent Survey! We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and feedback with us.
Here are some three highlights we collected from the survey:
- 98.4% of parents feel that the Hope Academy staff genuinely care about them, and feel welcome as a member of the school community.
- 98.4% of parents believe our school has high expectations for their children.
- 97.8% believe their Hope Academy tuition is a worthwhile investment in their child’s future.
Based on your feedback, here are three areas that we are looking to grow at Hope Academy:
- Look for ways to share how the beautiful ethnic diversity at Hope is celebrated and valued.
- Find additional ways to equip, support, and provide resources to parents.
- Share next years plan for strengthening our curriculum.
Parent Pick Up is located on the Park Ave and E. 22nd Street side of the building.
Morning drop off:
• Drop off in the cul-de-sac of E. 22nd Street (not off Chicago Ave).
• The Gym door will be staffed from 8:10-8:35.
• After 8:35, go to the Chicago Ave (Main) door.
End of Day pick-up:
• Wait along the street on the Park Ave and E. 22nd Streets.
• Teachers will deliver your student to you in your vehicle.
• If you are not there by 12:35, your student will be brought to the office to wait for you at the Chicago Ave (Main) door.
If your child is enrolled in an activity, pick up will be at the front door on Chicago Ave at either 2:30 or 3:30 pm.
Call the office by 11:00am to change your child’s arrangements (either from bus to pick up OR from pick up to bus) 612-540-2000.
Summer Session starts on Monday! (June 14 – July 9). It’s 4 weeks, 4 days of the week, for 4 hours! Click here for all the Summer Session details!
Doors open: 8:15
Morning Drop-off: 8:15-8:30
Class Times: 8:30-12:30
Parent pick up starts: 12:25
Buses leave: 12:30
If you have an end-of-day transportation change, call the office by 11:00am.
All students will receive a free breakfast and lunch during Summer Session. Click here to view the Summer Session menu! Wednesdays will be a special MPS Food Truck day with hot food being served for Grades 3-8! Click here for the Wednesday food menu. (Grades K-2 will eat a SuperSnack from the regular menu).
The 2021-22 school year calendar is ready! You can access it here for both the English & Spanish version. Please note: The Home Visits dates have changed to October 20-22.
5 steps to create your Parent PowerSchool account: (1) Go to http://hopeschool.powerschool.com.(2) Click “Create Account” & enter your parent info. (3) Find your students access code & password. This was emailed to you twice from email@example.com. (4) Link your students to your account. *For the relationship field – this is your relationship to your student (i.e. Mother, Father, etc.). (5) You’ve created your account! Verify your email and you are all set up! Now you can check your student’s attendance and grades online. Bonus: Download the PowerSchool app! (District Code: GGXD)
Ever wondered how to control what your child sees on the internet?
Well good news! Hope Academy has partnered with a software company called Securly to help do just that.
As a parent, you can manage your child’s Securly settings and see what they are working on in real time! You can begin your journey via the Securly website: https://securly.com/parent-login or you can setup in the Securly App!
When do I need to contact Hope Academy about COVID symptoms or exposure?
Reach out to our COVID Coordinator ASAP if in the past 14 days you have (1) had close contact with someone testing positive to COVID-19, (2) tested positive yourself for COVID-19 or (3) someone in your household is exhibiting COVID-related symptoms. (See below for list of common symptoms).
How do I contact the COVID Coordinator?
Our COVID Coordinator, Nathanael Smith, can be contacted by phone (612.540.2820) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Want to submit a tech ticket? Have questions about Microsoft TEAMS or want to ensure your internet runs smoothly? Check out our Technology FAQ’s page! https://hopeschool.org/technology-faq/
Please remember that using the borrowed device is a privilege and not a right. You and your student are responsible for the borrowed device until you return it at the end of the year. Click here to read the Borrowed Device handbook.