LOWER SCHOOL ANNOUNCEMENTS
Please note that the Minnesota Department of Health does not count students or staff who were not in the building when infectious. Updated 2/26/21.
- Number of current Hope Academy COVID-19 staff cases = 0
- Number of current Hope Academy COVID-19 student cases = 0
- Number of current cohorts moved to Distance Learning = 0
Click here to reference our COVID-19 Case Grid. Please be praying for all those affected by COVID. Thank you for your continued partnership, and may God help us to trust him as our refuge and strength. Send questions to email@example.com.
Your child will be sent home with a Technology Pocket Guide this week! Use it as a quick reference guide for school device help and expectations.
The Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board would like to launch a community garden in Peavey Park along Park Ave near the basketball courts. The community garden would have a large plot for Hope Academy, many individual plots for families (application based), and an orchard for shared harvest/use. The garden would be up and running in spring 2022. The first step in the MPRB process is to send out a survey to collect responses about what the community wants. MPRB has asked that we send this survey (English and Spanish) versions to all our parents and teachers. See below for the survey links!
English Peavey Park Survey: https://form.jotform.com/210385275789165
Spanish Peavey Park version: https://form.jotform.com/210386106454148
5 steps to create your Parent PowerSchool account:
- Go to http://hopeschool.powerschool.com.
- Click “Create Account” & enter your parent info.
- Find your students access code & password. This was emailed to you from firstname.lastname@example.org. It will be emailed to you again next week if you still need it!
- Link your students to your account. *For the relationship field – this is your relationship to your student (i.e. Mother, Father, etc.).
- You’ve created your account! Verify your email and you are all set up! Now you can check your student’s attendance and grades online.
Bonus: Download the PowerSchool app! (District Code: GGXD)
Ever wondered how to control what your child sees on the internet?
Well good news! Hope Academy has partnered with a software company called Securly to help do just that.
As a parent, you can manage your child’s Securly settings and see what they are working on in real time! You can begin your journey via the Securly website: https://securly.com/parent-login or you can setup in the Securly App!
- Download the Free SecurlyHome App (or go to https://securly.com/parent-login)
- Tap the “Login” button
- Enter your school registered email: (Emailed to you from email@example.com).
- Tap the “get instant access” button.
Click ‘Read More’ for additional information!
Starting Monday, February 8, these sites will be offering daily food box pick-ups: Anwatin, Edison, Field, Green, Henry, Nellie Stone, North, Northeast, Olson, Roosevelt, Sanford, South, Southwest, Sullivan, Washburn. All sites will be open Monday-Friday from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm, except holidays. Food boxes will continue to be free for all youth 18 & under. https://cws.mpls.k12.mn.us/smb_locations
To report any absences, tardies, and/or transportation changes, please contact the new email addresses listed below:
Grades K-5: LowerSchool@hopeschool.org
Grades 6-12: UpperSchool@hopeschool.org
ABSENCES & TARDIES: Please call 612-540-2000 or email by 10:00 a.m. to report your child’s absence and provide the reason for your child’s absence. Additionally, for Upper School 50/50 Hybrid students, our Upper School Office must be notified if your child is ill and needs to stay home from in-person classes so that we can notify your student’s teachers. It is not an option to stay home on in-person days for reasons other than illness.
TRANSPORTATION CHANGES: Please call 612-540-2000 or email by 3:00 p.m. to report all changes in transportation for your students.
Do you have a child entering Kindergarten? Or an additional student(s) you’d like to attend Hope Academy? Applications for next year are open! We encourage you to apply ASAP as spaces can fill up quickly. Visit https://hopeschool.org/apply to complete an application. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to your Admissions Coordinator:
• For Lower School Students contact Ady Pliego (612-540-2088, firstname.lastname@example.org)
• For Upper School Students contact Kaili Grandville (612-540-2091, email@example.com)
Students who qualify for free or reduced-price meals may be eligible for Pandemic-Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT) to purchase food for days they are not in the school building. To be considered, households must submit an application for free or reduced-price meals for the 2020-21 school year or be approved for Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP) or Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits. Families who received P-EBT benefits last summer are not automatically eligible; eligibility is based on the current school year. Benefits may be retroactive to September 2020, depending on when eligibility for free or reduced-price meals is determined. To ensure you qualify for the most benefits, please submit your application as soon as possible. Please contact School Nutrition Director Janette Takata for any proof of eligibility you may need or with any questions. She can be reached at 612-540-2010 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
When do I need to contact Hope Academy about COVID symptoms or exposure?
Reach out to our COVID Coordinator ASAP if in the past 14 days you have
- Had close contact with someone testing positive to COVID-19
- Tested positive yourself for COVID-19
- Someone in your household is exhibiting COVID-related symptoms. (See below for list of common symptoms).
This aids us in providing support to your family promptly, and in keeping the other members of our community safe. MDH recommends that you/your family members be tested in these situations.
How do I contact the COVID Coordinator?
Our COVID Coordinator, Nathanael Smith, can be contacted by phone (612.540.2820) or email (email@example.com).
What options are available for testing?
Here are both in-person and delivered testing options for your family, regardless of insurance:
- FREE Home Saliva Test (Delivered to you!)
- FREE In-Person MN Testing locations (Saliva & Nasal)
- Other FREE In-Person Saliva Tests
- Additional Info for Free Un-Insured Testing
Want to submit a tech ticket? Have questions about Microsoft TEAMS or want to ensure your internet runs smoothly? Check out our Technology FAQ’s page! https://hopeschool.org/technology-faq/
Please remember that using the borrowed device is a privilege and not a right. You and your student are responsible for the borrowed device until you return it at the end of the year. Click here to read the Borrowed Device handbook.