Type: Position is for the 2021-22 school year. (This is a combination of two roles)
*Very Important: Before applying please read and carefully review our Mission + Vision, our Faith & Life Covenant, and our guiding principles about Cultural Harmony. All board members, faculty and staff are joining a covenant community in serving here at Hope Academy.
- K-2 Interventionist Teacher through Hope Academy – (5 FTE)
- – Observes classrooms to help teachers identify the needs of students.
- – Collaborates with classroom teachers to support struggling learners in class.
- – Writes Learning Plans, meets with teachers, and partners with parents.
- – Facilitates Child Study process.
- – Provides occasional Teacher Trainings.
- – Reviews Academic Student Referrals.
2. K-2 Title Position through MPS – (0.25-0.5 FTE)
- – Position focuses on providing reading and math small group intervention for students in grades K-2.
- – Position is funded through the Minneapolis Public Schools.
- Minimum BS or BA in Education with licensure that includes K-2 is required. Special Education degree is preferred.
- Supportive of the school’s mission to foster hope in God within the inner-city neighborhood of Minneapolis by providing youth with an outstanding, Christ-centered education.
- Ability to effectively educate in a multi-racial, multi-ethnic, and economically disadvantaged urban community.
- Desire to equip the children of the city with an academically rigorous, comprehensive, classical Christian education to prepare them to deal with the complex issues of living in this present society.
- Willingness to go above and beyond in building relationships with students.