Position Details: Part-time (15 hours a week)
Our Mission: We are driven by our mission to foster hope in God by closing the achievement gap and preparing our students for college and beyond. We are fueled by our love for God and his care for every one of our students which motivates us to get better every day. Join our team of mission-driven brothers and sisters to work hard, do good, and make a difference.
*Very Important: Before applying please read and carefully review our Mission + Vision, our Faith & Life Covenant, and our guiding principles about Cultural Harmony. All board members, faculty and staff are joining a covenant community in serving here at Hope Academy.
The Human Resources Assistant will perform administrative tasks and services to support effective and efficient operations of Hope Academy’s Human Resources department.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date employee files, records, and documentation.
- Answers frequently asked questions from applicants and employees relative to standard policies, benefits, and hiring processes; refers more complex questions to Director of HR.
- Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of human resources files and records.
- Performs periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately.
- Provides clerical support to the HR department.
- Conducts or assists with job postings, applicants, and new hire orientation.
- Assists with planning and execution of special events such as benefits enrollment, organization-wide meetings, employee recognition events, holiday parties, and retirement celebrations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact and professionalism.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn payroll management, human resource information system (HRIS), and similar computer applications.
Education & Experience
- Minimum associate degree in related field required.
- Prior related office experience preferred.
Compensation & Benefits
- This is a part-time position – 15 hours per week.
- Pay is $20 per hour, limited benefits.
- Some work may be done remotely.