Growing Hope Campaign Complete!
It began as a question four years ago: “How could we provide a remarkable, God-centered education to even more urban youth?”
Our enrollment had topped 400, but we were running out of space. Many questions remained. Would financial Partners who already give so much give even more to make room for more students? Could we navigate the nuances of our old building, and build a new gym, even though we were land-locked?
Today we are celebrating the answer to all of those questions. It is a resounding “Yes, and amen!”
Through the joy-filled, above & beyond support of so many, God has provided 16 new classrooms, added student support spaces, an expanded cafeteria, and a new gymnasium.
We’ve also celebrated the launch of the Spreading Hope Network, a nationwide initiative to create 10 more Hope Academy-style schools around the country. The first school in Houston opened in 2018, and three more have opened now near Raleigh, Cleveland, and Oklahoma City.
What does this mean for urban youth?
- Our enrollment has already grown by 125 students, and we’ll be able to serve an additional 150 students in the coming years.
- Students are receiving more robust training in the sciences due to expanded science facilities.
- We’ll be able to grow our students’ appreciation for beauty, music, and art with the addition of designated art and music rooms for both our upper and lower schools.
- Students struggling academically and emotionally can receive one-on-one tutoring and support to help them be successful in the classroom.
- We’ll be able to deepen the sense of community among student and families through sufficient gym seating for basketball games.
- Expanded recess and physical education space will ensure that our urban students are exercising both their minds and bodies, and developing critical team-building skills.
- Lunch time will be more efficient and organized with the addition of a second serving line and added seating capacity.
- And thousands more inner city children will have access to a Christ-centered education around the country.
Praise God for each prayer warrior, student, and the 141 donors who together contributed $9.4 million to make hope in God come to life for more children in our city, and beyond.
With great joy,
Co-Founder & Head of School