Type: Part-Time position (20 hours a week)
Our Mission: We are driven by our mission to foster hope in God by closing the achievement gap and preparing our students for college and beyond. We are fueled by our love for God and his care for every one of our students which motivates us to get better every day. Join our team of mission-driven brothers and sisters to work hard, do good, and make a difference.
*Very Important: Before applying please read and carefully review our Mission + Vision, our Faith & Life Covenant, and our guiding principles about Cultural Harmony. All board members, faculty and staff are joining a covenant community in serving here at Hope Academy.
The Family Ministry Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Head of Family Ministry in operationalizing and executing the program events, outreach, engagement, and communication.
The following reflects essential functions for this position but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- – Assist the Head of Family Ministry with clerical tasks and schedules.
- – Help initiate regular, timely communication with parents to strengthen their connections to the school community and keep them engaged and informed.
- – Plan and help coordinate seven required parent covenant events.
- – Help the Family Ministry team to accomplish their quarterly rocks and goals.
Education & Skills Required
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent; BS/BA degree preferred.
- Computer skills required – knowledge of Microsoft Office preferred.
- Highly organized, self-starter, effective communicator, and strong follow-through/execution skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain systems.
- Willingness to go above and beyond in serving our Hope Academy families.
- The ideal candidate will have a passion for the mission and work of Hope Academy and a desire to play an integral part in growing the impact of Hope Academy.
- Ability to effectively work in a multi-racial, multi-ethnic, and economically disadvantaged urban community.