Where is the front line of the civil rights movement in 2020
Housing disparities, income gaps, policing and incarceration rates, healthcare inequities–the systemic injustices of our day are deep and complex. But what is at the heart of these issues
Education. Education is the fulcrum that can change these disparities. But not just any education. If you want to impact a community for the long run, do it through an Imago Dei education: the formation of both heart and mind (more on that here).
Believing all children are made in the image of God and capable of great things, Hope Academy seeks to unleash kingdom citizens who work for justice, economic opportunity, racial harmony, hope for the family, and joy in the community. And that gives me hope.
Education in Minneapolis is still worst in the nation for our children of color. We believe that a remarkable, God-centered education has the power to right that wrong. There has never been a more critical time for Hope.
Here are just a few ways to give, as together we work for justice, economic opportunity, racial harmony, hope for the family, and joy in the community.
Please make check out to “Hope Academy”, and mail to:
Office of Development
2300 Chicago Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55404
• Spread out your giving and reduce your mail.
• Your regular contributions can be automatically debited from your bank account or credit card. If you change your mind, just give us a call to change or cancel your recurring gift.
• On our online gift form, under “Type of Donation” select “Recurring Donation.”
• Click here to make a recurring gift.
Giving appreciated stock can save you money on taxes, and allow you to give more (click to see how)!
If you’d like to give a gift through a stock transfer, here is the info you’ll need:
• Charles Schwab, “Hope Academy”, Account #7619-2343(DTC # is –0164)
• After you’ve transferred the stock, contact Sara Neterer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-540-2093, and we will sell the stock immediately.
• If Sara is unavailable, you may also contact Denise Heskin at 612-540-2067.
• Memorial giving to the youth of the city is a meaningful way to help remember the legacy of a beloved person.
• We also deeply appreciate those who encourage gifts to Hope Academy in honor of a person or an event, such as a wedding.
• Gifts in honor or in memory can be designated using our on-line giving form as well.
Please contact your employer to see if they offer a matching gift program. We are a 501(c)(3) organization and a fully accredited K-12 school, and are eligible for nearly all matching gift programs.
In-Kind Gifts & Donations
We typically welcome donations of books, office furniture, or school supplies. If you have an idea of something to donate, please contact Denise Heskin.
Highly Appreciated Assets
Gifting appreciated assets, such as real estate, personal property, businesses, or publicly traded securities, can financially benefit you and Hope. Contact Jim Stigman, or our friends at the National Christian Foundation, to how you can avoid taxes and give more.
Save taxes and give smarter through various planned giving options. Click to learn more.
Fund Hope in God for generations to come by giving to our Free & Faithful Legacy Fund. Click to learn more.
Hope gets .5% of all eligible purchases made through the Amazon Smile program. Go to http://smile.amazon.com/ and search for “Hope Academy”. Return to smile.amazon.com for all your future Amazon purchases.