Our Mission: We are driven by our mission to foster hope in God by closing the achievement gap and preparing our students for college and beyond. We are fueled by our love for God and his care for every one of our students which motivates us to get better every day. Join our team of mission-driven brothers and sisters to work hard, do good, and make a difference.
*Very Important: Before applying please read and carefully review our Mission + Vision, our Faith & Life Covenant, and our guiding principles about Cultural Harmony. All board members, faculty and staff are joining a covenant community in serving here at Hope Academy.
The Director of Finance is responsible for leadership and direction of the Finance department at the school.
- Establish accounting policies and procedures in accordance with GAAP.
- Facilitate annual audit by external auditors.
- Oversee school finances; including quarterly financial reporting, annual budget process, purchasing, payables and receivables.
- Oversee school internal financial controls, regulatory compliance, and outside reporting requirements.
- Serve as the primary check-signing authority.
- Maintain relationships with banks, investment institutions, auditors, and any other external providers of financial services.
- Develop, recommend, and oversee the implementation of tuition-related procedures and collections.
- Develop financial planning models and forecasts.
- Evaluate school systems for efficiency and quality control.
- Manages relationships with vendors, evaluating contracts for cost savings, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Serve as secondary authorized signer on all school matters including financial, physical plant, vendor contracts and other documents and contracts.
- Accounting experience including general ledger, financial statements, budget preparation, investment management and financial reporting experience
- BA degree required in related area; MBA or CPA preferred
- Strong integrity and reliability
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Effective team building, problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and be attentive to details
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent judgment, leadership, and decision-making abilities
- Self-starter, self-directed
- Experience in non-profit environment preferred
- Experience in faith-based, educational organization a plus
- Computer proficiency with experience in PC platform computers, Microsoft Office, Quickbooks, etc.
General Staff Qualifications
- Supportive of the school’s mission to foster hope in God within the inner-city neighborhood of Minneapolis by providing youth with an outstanding, Christ-centered education.