Our Mission: We are driven by our mission to foster hope in God by closing the achievement gap and preparing our students for college and beyond. We are fueled by our love for God and his care for every one of our students which motivates us to get better every day. Join our team of mission-driven brothers and sisters to work hard, do good, and make a difference.
*Very Important: Before applying please read and carefully review our Mission + Vision, our Faith & Life Covenant, and our guiding principles about Cultural Harmony. All board members, faculty and staff are joining a covenant community in serving here at Hope Academy.
The Manager of Development Operations and Events ensures the efficient operation of the Development Department by helping to plan & execute strategic events, coordinate, implement & oversee Donor relation direct mail campaigns, maintain accurate and up-to-date database records, plus schedule and facilitate valuable leadership meetings. This impactful position reports to the Director of Development & Donor Impact.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Coordinate the Development Team’s efforts to plan and execute donor engagement events in collaboration with team members, other staff, volunteers, and vendors. Manage overall event project plan and own key workstreams with a focus on ensuring efficient logistics.
- Plan and execute direct mail campaigns to Partners, including bi-annual Partner mailer plus other Partner/donor campaigns as needed.
- Coordinate regular development team meetings (weekly leadership, quarterly off-site meetings, etc.). Assist Leadership in preparing for meetings, recording meeting discussions, and disseminating and tracking action items.
- Ensure donor data is accurately updated using department software systems (Donor Perfect, Constant Contact, Microsoft Teams, and the Partner-Student Master excel database).
- Supervise two Development team members: Volunteer & Logistics Coordinator and Gifts Processor.
- Manage department’s office supplies and related inventory.
- Other duties as requested, including:
- Produce ad hoc reports for Development Team decision-making.
- Coordinate Partner visits to the school, student-Partner visits (in-person or virtual), and student updates for Partners.
Education & Skills Required
- Highly missional – Agree with Hope Academy’s Mission & Vision & Faith and Life Covenant.
- Strong organization & event management skills – able to manage concurrent activities and deadlines, coordinate staff, volunteers, and vendors, and take the lead on all event planning and coordination.
- Resourceful & reliable – determined problem-solver; finds ways to accomplish goals and meet deadlines.
- Engaging Personality – able to connect personally with others; warm and inviting. Drive initiatives while maintaining constructive relationships with colleagues.
- Self-starting – create paths where none existed before and willingly dive into new territory.
- Experienced with software – advanced abilities and interest in mastering critical departmental software (cloud-based database system, Microsoft Excel and Word)
- Skilled and experienced.
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree with two or more years of relevant work experience.
- Strong communicator.
- Excellent time and project management skills, follow-through, and reliability.
- Great collaborator; builds strong relationships internally and externally.
Compensation & Benefits
- This is a full-time, benefits eligible position.
- Starting salary commensurate with the experience and qualifications of the candidate.