When do I need to contact Hope Academy about COVID symptoms or exposure?
Reach out to our COVID Coordinator ASAP if in the past 14 days you have
- Had close contact with someone testing positive to COVID-19
- Tested positive yourself for COVID-19
- Someone in your household is exhibiting COVID-related symptoms. (See below for list of common symptoms).
This aids us in providing support to your family promptly, and in keeping the other members of our community safe. MDH recommends that you/your family members be tested in these situations.
How do I contact the COVID Coordinator?
Our COVID Coordinator, Nathanael Smith, can be contacted by phone (612.540.2820) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
What options are available for testing?
Here are both in-person and delivered testing options for your family, regardless of insurance:
- FREE Home Saliva Test (Delivered to you!)
- FREE In-Person MN Testing locations (Saliva & Nasal)
- Other FREE In-Person Saliva Tests
- Additional Info for Free Un-Insured Testing
When is my student safe to return to school?
Click here to read the MN “Returning to School after Illness” Guide. This protocol clearly outlines what will need to take place for them to return to school. Click here to read the returning to school protocols in Hmong, Somali or Spanish. If you are uncertain as to whether your student is safe to return to school, please reach out to our COVID Coordinator!
What if someone at Hope contacts COVID? How will I be notified?
Click here to read our COVID-19 Policy for when people have confirmed COVID-19 cases. Reminder, if a student or staff member has COVID-19, parents within that class or bus cohort will be notified. All parents will be notified of new cases in an update each week to the Hope Happenings.
- Please consider getting evaluated by a medical professional and contact the COVID Coordinator (email@example.com) if you are experiencing these symptoms.
- Fever greater than 100.4F
- New and/or worsening cough
- Difficulty breathing
- New loss of taste or smell
If these less common symptoms worsen, please contact the COVID Coordinator and consider getting evaluated by a medical professional.
If these less common symptoms improve, please make sure your child is symptom free without the use of medication for 24 hours before returning to school.
- Sore throat
- Muscle pain
- Excessive fatigue
- Severe headache
- Nasal congestion
- Runny nose