The purpose of this position is to serve as a noticeable community safety presence in matters relating to Hope Academy. The person in this position will act as a liaison between the school and the community, including Peavey Park.
The following reflects essential functions for this position but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- – Uphold our safety guiding principles including being a light in the community and keeping student safety as one of the highest priorities at our school.
- – Be present outside during arrival and dismissal times.
- – Be available to assist staff and teachers in safety matters.
- – Be a presence in Peavey Park at various time of the day.
- – Work closely with the Peavey Park Recreation Staff.
- – Other matters related to safety and security at Hope Academy.
Education and Skills Required
- – High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- – Strong communication skills and the ability to work independently and as a team member.
- – Has the ability to stay calm and de-escalate stressful situations.
General Faculty Qualifications
- – The ideal candidate will have a passion for the mission and work of Hope Academy and a desire to play an integral part in growing the impact of Hope Academy.
- – Ability to effectively work in a multi-racial, multi-ethnic, and economically disadvantaged urban community.
- – The Community Safety Liaison position is a full-time job, 11:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. Monday – Friday.
- – The days of work for this position follow the school calendar for student in-person days of school (see school calendar). The pay for this position is $15/hour.