Start Date: This position is for the rest of the 2022-23 school year and beyond.
Our Mission: We are driven by our mission to foster hope in God by closing the achievement gap and preparing our students for college and beyond. We are fueled by our love for God and his care for every one of our students which motivates us to get better every day. Join our team of mission-driven brothers and sisters to work hard, do good, and make a difference.
*Very Important: Before applying please read and carefully review our Mission + Vision, our Faith & Life Covenant, and our guiding principles about Cultural Harmony. All board members, faculty and staff are joining a covenant community in serving here at Hope Academy.
- 6th-12th grade piano accompanist for the Upper School choirs (3 classes – 6th Grade, 7th/8th Grade, Hope Chorale).
- Lead vocal sectionals for parts in need of additional learning support.
- Assist in reviewing student theory work.
- Supply occasional piano accompaniment for performance as needed.
- Hours are Monday through Friday from 12:15-3:30 p.m. This schedule includes 3 classes and time for daily practicing of the songs. Personal paid practice time outside of those hours is available.
- Lunch responsibilities are also part of this position.
- Additional choir practices will be held near the concert times.
- Would need to be available for a very limited number of evening or weekend performances.
- Pay rate is $19.00 per hour.
- Play piano/keyboard from written notation, both closed and open score notation.
- Knowledge of basic music theory.
- Comfortable teaching/coaching small groups of students.
- Able to sing/match pitch and rhythm accurately.
General Faculty Qualifications
- Supportive of the school’s mission to foster hope in God within the inner-city neighborhood of Minneapolis by providing youth with an outstanding, Christ-centered education.
- Ability to effectively educate in a multi-racial, multi-ethnic, and economically disadvantaged urban community.
- Desire to equip the children of the city with an academically rigorous, comprehensive, classical Christian education to prepare them to deal with the complex issues of living in this present society.
- Willingness to go above and beyond in building relationships with students.
- Teaching music, either privately, in a classroom setting, or both preferred
- High School Diploma/GED; BA/BA degree preferred.