Our Mission: We are driven by our mission to foster hope in God by closing the achievement gap and preparing our students for college and beyond. We are fueled by our love for God and his care for every one of our students which motivates us to get better every day. Join our team of mission-driven brothers and sisters to work hard, do good, and make a difference.
*Very Important: Before applying please read and carefully review our Mission + Vision, our Faith & Life Covenant, and our guiding principles about Cultural Harmony. All board members, faculty and staff are joining a covenant community in serving here at Hope Academy.
Vision for the Position:
You have the spiritual gift of administration. You’re an expert team builder. You’re not afraid to hold team members accountable for excellence. You live for helping your team accomplish the remarkable. Mediocrity tastes like sand in your mouth. You’re tenacious about polishing the pearl until it shines for the glory of God. It’s music to your ears when your leader says, “Make it so!”
You’re better than 90% of all other managers in keeping your team focused on the important and non-urgent priorities. You’re brilliant at helping your team say, “No” to good things, in order to say, “Yes” to great things. You’re energized by solving problems. It doesn’t frighten you to be evaluated by what your team actually gets done.
You are passionate about God’s transformational work through Christ to repair what’s broken, to find what’s lost, to heal what’s sick, and to reconcile what seems irretrievably at odds. Others remark about your cultural intelligence. You embrace cultural harmony, and you’re inclined to lean into the hard conversations necessary in building authentic community. You are driven by a love for the least, the last, and the lost. You boast of the things that show your need of God, and radical dependence on God is your modus operandi.
The Chief Operating Officer/Integrator is responsible for bringing clarity, communication, and consistency to Hope Academy. He or she is accountable for executing the business plan, holding the Leadership Team accountable, and is the steady force in the organization. The COO/Integrator will be a filter for the Head of School and integrates the Leadership of the school. This position reports to the Head of School.
The following reflects essential functions for this position but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned:
- Responsible for driving Hope Academy to achieve its objectives including school improvement and expansion plans.
- Collaborate with the leadership to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, policies, processes, and staff.
- Oversees the Hope Academy Leadership Team.
- Communicates and explains new directives, policies, or procedures to Directors and Managers.
- Projects a positive image of the organization to employees, parents, and students.
- Establishes quantitative and qualitative metrics, guidelines, and standards by which Hope Academy’s efficiency and effectiveness can be evaluated and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Ensures that the EOS is being used optimally throughout the organization.
Key Skills and Traits
- Excitement to see faith integration in all areas of the school.
- Demonstratable competency in strategic and business planning.
- High level understanding of all organizational functions such as Operations, Sales and Marketing, IT, HR, Finance, etc. Knowledge of these functions in a school setting is a plus.
- Superior verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Superior managerial and diplomacy skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Aptitude in sound decision-making and problem solving.
Education and Experience
- BS/BA in Business Administration or relevant field; MS/MBA preferred.
- Extensive and diversified background with 10+ years of related experience.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Full-time benefits available.