Type: Full-Time position (40 hours a week)
Our Mission: We are driven by our mission to foster hope in God by closing the achievement gap and preparing our students for college and beyond. We are fueled by our love for God and his care for every one of our students which motivates us to get better every day. Join our team of mission-driven brothers and sisters to work hard, do good, and make a difference.
*Very Important: Before applying please read and carefully review our Mission + Vision, our Faith & Life Covenant, and our guiding principles about Cultural Harmony. All board members, faculty and staff are joining a covenant community in serving here at Hope Academy.
The Graduate Support Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Director of Graduate Support in operationalizing and executing the program events, outreach, engagement, and communication. The Graduate Support program is a new initiative of Hope Academy and will help Hope Academy graduates build upon the foundation of a Hope Academy education by supporting them in their pursuit of lives of meaning and purpose, fulfilling and productive careers, and Christ-centered lifestyles and relationships.
The following reflects essential functions for this position but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- – Assist the Director of Graduate Support in operationalizing a unique graduate support process to launch graduates toward greater life and work purpose, self-sufficiency, faith ownership, church and community engagement, and spiritual/emotional/physical health.
- – Coordinate outreach to, and communication with, Hope Academy graduates, both one-on-one connections with the Director of Graduate Support and also general communication with all graduates about the graduate support program.
- – Onboard covenanted graduates and provide support and coordination between the Director of Graduate Support and each covenanted graduate throughout the process.
- – Assist the Director of Graduate Support (DGS) with general clerical and administrative tasks and requests.
- – Coordinate and arrange travel for the DGS.
- – Arrange visits, meetings, and connections between the Director of Graduate Support and local pastors, business owners, and mentors.
- – Maintain relationships with graduates.
- – Provide logistical support for events that promote Hope Academy graduate involvement and engagement with Hope Academy and current students.
Education & Skills Required
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent; BS/BA degree preferred.
- Computer skills required – knowledge of Microsoft Office preferred.
- Highly organized, self-starter, effective communicator, and strong follow-through/execution skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain systems.
- Willingness to go above and beyond in serving our Hope Academy graduates.
- The ideal candidate will have a passion for the mission and work of Hope Academy and a desire to play an integral part in growing the impact of Hope Academy.
- Ability to effectively work in a multi-racial, multi-ethnic, and economically disadvantaged urban community.