Our Mission: We are driven by our mission to foster hope in God by closing the achievement gap and preparing our students for college and beyond. We are fueled by our love for God and his care for every one of our students which motivates us to get better every day. Join our team of mission-driven brothers and sisters to work hard, do good, and make a difference.
*Very Important: Before applying please read and carefully review our Mission + Vision, our Faith & Life Covenant, and our guiding principles about Cultural Harmony. All board members, faculty and staff are joining a covenant community in serving here at Hope Academy.
The Maintenance Support position will be responsible for executing the following, but not limited to:
- Able to address and complete work orders and projects, including working with outside vendors and contractors.
- Help maintain building plumbing, lighting electrical, construction, ceiling tiles, doors/locks and other systems and equipment.
- Assist in the documentation of work through the Hope Academy ticket system (Mojo) and maintenance performed.
- Support the Facilities Manager in completing projects and perform all tasks necessary for the day-to-day operation of the facility.
- Positively communicate concerns or needs to the Facilities Manager.
- Serve as an example of Hope Academy in support of their mission, strategies and initiatives.
- Provide support to school staff such as hanging pictures, assembling small furniture, cleaning in emergency situations etc.
- Set-up and tear-down of school events; tables, chairs, carpet squares, etc.
- Carpet cleaning and painting.
- Remove marks and clean the gym floors.
- Outside grounds work.
- Provide other light cleaning and trash services as directed.
- Rooted in the Christian faith and demonstrating high moral integrity.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
- Good physical condition, able to lift a minimum of 50lbs regularly and 75lbs occasionally. Ability to perform following actions for the duration of an entire shift: walking, twisting and turning, stooping and bending, gripping, working with arms over one’s head, climbing ladders and working at heights.
- Knowledge of basic tool skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Be able to follow verbal and written directions.
- Be an ethical and reliable team player and be able to work independently.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to effectively prioritize.
- Willingness to learn and ready to accept new challenges.
- Willingness to be flexible and able to multi-task.
- Service orientation and ability to work and interact with teachers, staff, students, parents, and school guests.
- Basic computer familiarity.
- Valid MN drivers license, preferred.
- Hours: Noon to 8:00pm Monday – Friday. 40 hours per week; overtime likely.
- Year-round position.
- Reports to the Facilities Manager.
Compensation & Benefits
- Starting hourly wage depends on experience and qualifications of the candidate.
- Full-time, benefit-eligible position.