Type: Full-time position. Position starts after Christmas Break (Tuesday 1/3/23) and is for the reminder of the school year.
Our Mission: We are driven by our mission to foster hope in God by closing the achievement gap and preparing our students for college and beyond. We are fueled by our love for God and his care for every one of our students which motivates us to get better every day. Join our team of mission-driven brothers and sisters to work hard, do good, and make a difference.
*Very Important: Before applying please read and carefully review our Mission + Vision, our Faith & Life Covenant, and our guiding principles about Cultural Harmony. All board members, faculty and staff are joining a covenant community in serving here at Hope Academy.
- 7th Grade History – 2 sections
- 8th Grade History – 2 sections
- 7th/8th Grade SEL Class (Social, Emotional Learning) – 1 section
- Full time positions include additional full-time teacher responsibilities besides just teaching the classes.
- Salary is based on education and years of classroom teaching experience.
General Faculty Qualifications
- Supportive of the school’s mission to foster hope in God within the inner-city neighborhood of Minneapolis by providing youth with an outstanding, Christ-centered education.
- Ability to effectively educate in a multi-racial, multi-ethnic, and economically under-resourced urban community.
- Desire to equip the children of the city with an academically rigorous, comprehensive, classical Christian education to prepare them to deal with the complex issues of living in this present society.
- Willingness to go above and beyond in building relationships with students.
- Minimum BS or BA in Education preferred.