After School ASC – Upper School Academic Support Center (ASC) Teacher Position:
· Oversee the Upper School (6th through 12th grade) Academic Support Center. This includes determining which students each of the peer tutors, ASC staff tutor, or school volunteers will work with for the afternoon.
· The Academic Support Center is a place for students to get additional help with their school work before and after school. This position would only be for the after school time.
· Assist students in doing homework, retaking tests and making up work
· ASC is open to students from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. after school
· Hours for this position are Monday – Thursday 4:25 – 6:00 p.m. Must arrive 5 minutes early to get the room set-up. Must stay afterwards until the last student has been picked up.
· Pay is a $4,000 yearly stipend
General Faculty Qualifications
· Supportive of the school’s mission to foster hope in God within the inner-city neighborhood of Minneapolis by providing youth with an outstanding, Christ-centered education.
· Ability to effectively education in a multi-racial, multi-ethnic, and economically disadvantaged urban community.
· Desire to equip the children of the city with an academically rigorous, comprehensive, classical Christian education to prepare them to deal with the complex issues of living in this present society.
· Willingness to go above and beyond in the building relationships with students.
· Minimum BS or BA in Education preferred.