Type: Full-Time position
Our Mission: We are driven by our mission to foster hope in God by closing the achievement gap and preparing our students for college and beyond. We are fueled by our love for God and his care for every one of our students which motivates us to get better every day. Join our team of mission-driven brothers and sisters to work hard, do good, and make a difference.
*Very Important: Before applying please read and carefully review our Mission + Vision, our Faith & Life Covenant, and our guiding principles about Cultural Harmony. All board members, faculty and staff are joining a covenant community in serving here at Hope Academy.
The HopeTECH Instructor plays a key role in building and delivering strong HopeTECH and programs for the school.
The role has two key aspects:
- – Envision, develop and refine curricula, within guidelines, with the HopeTECH director and other’s guidance at Hope Academy for the Lower School – grades Kindergarten through Fifth.
- – Teach and/or oversee teaching of the defined Lower School curricula for the classes assigned for each school year.
Lower School HopeTECH Curriculum Refinement/Planning
- Refining Curriculum for applicable programs within the HopeTECH PATH for 2021-2022
- – Lower School “Elementary Computing”
- – Lower School: “Elementary Robotics”
- – Work with the HopeTECH Director, and other Hope Academy staff to ensure alignment with grade level appropriateness and HopeTECH knowledge and skill goals. We intend that every Lower School student is ready for their Middle School experience and is able to use the required computing resources well, and have had basic experiences in engineering through our robotics program.
- Curriculum Planning– finding and/or developing the courses and lesson plans for each envisioned program for which teaching responsibility is assigned.
Lower School HopeTECH Teaching
- Should have the ability and flexibility to teach the elementary-level programs/disciplines offered through HopeTECH:
- – For 2021-2022 this includes classes for grades K-5:
- – Elementary Computer Use
- – Elementary Robotics
- – Classes will be defined, and goals set with the specific grade teachers aiming to meet periodically – goal is to meet once per week for either the elementary computer course or the elementary robotics course.
- Also, our intent is to team teach to be able to substitute for one another should the occasion arise. And, to develop and share curricula together – relying on expertise in the group but involving and training everyone.
Education & Skills Required
- BA in Education or BS in Technology/Engineering or Comparable Work Experience preferred.
- Experience in using technology (5+ Years) – e.g., Information Technology applications as listed above (robotics, coding, advanced manufacturing, CAD/Technology Design, Engineering, 3D Printing, etc.)
- Two or more years of teaching experience in a technology related area is a plus but not required.
- Experience as a Technology Integration Specialist (or equivalent) is also a plus but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with others to achieve measurable goals is important.
- The ideal candidate will have a passion for the mission and work of Hope Academy and a desire to play an integral part in growing the impact of Hope Academy.
- Ability to effectively work in a multi-racial, multi-ethnic, and economically disadvantaged urban community.