Type: Part-time position (10 hours per week)
Our Mission: We are driven by our mission to foster hope in God by closing the achievement gap and preparing our students for college and beyond. We are fueled by our love for God and his care for every one of our students which motivates us to get better every day. Join our team of mission-driven brothers and sisters to work hard, do good, and make a difference.
*Very Important: Before applying please read and carefully review our Mission + Vision, our Faith & Life Covenant, and our guiding principles about Cultural Harmony. All board members, faculty and staff are joining a covenant community in serving here at Hope Academy.
Hope Academy is looking for an individual who can run our After School Care Program for students who need to stay after school in grades K-5th grade from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm Monday through Friday.
The following reflects essential functions for this position but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- – Receive children into the After School Care program starting at 4:15pm.
- – Supervise children in grades K-5th
- – Serve a snack to the children and record those who took a snack.
- – Play games and help with homework until parents come and pick up students at 5:30pm.
- – Reports to the Lower School Principal – Leslie Smith.
- – High School Diploma or GED required.
- – Supportive of the school’s mission to foster hope in God within the inner-city neighborhood of Minneapolis by providing youth with an outstanding, Christ-centered education.
- – Mature Christ-follower with the ability to effectively educate in a multi-racial, multi-ethnic, and economically disadvantaged urban community.
- – Desire to equip the children of the city with an academically rigorous, comprehensive, classical Christian education to prepare them to deal with the complex issues of living in this present society.
- – Willingness to go above and beyond in building relationships with students.