Type: Full-time position.
Our Mission: We are driven by our mission to foster hope in God by closing the achievement gap and preparing our students for college and beyond. We are fueled by our love for God and his care for every one of our students which motivates us to get better every day. Join our team of mission-driven brothers and sisters to work hard, do good, and make a difference.
*Very Important: Before applying please read and carefully review our Mission + Vision, our Faith & Life Covenant, and our guiding principles about Cultural Harmony. All board members, faculty and staff are joining a covenant community in serving here at Hope Academy
Position Description: The Hope Academy Admissions Recruiter will go out into the community to let others know about the remarkable, God-centered education that is available. If you are driven and have the ability to inspire and connect with people across ethnic, socio-economic, and generational lines, then this is the position for you! Position starts as soon as possible!
- Create and nurture relationships with target pre-schools, daycare centers, churches and community organizations.
- Develop and maintain full recruitment schedule.
- Schedule and attend recruitment events at daycare centers, schools, churches, parks, festivals, etc.
- Conduct follow-up communication with prospective families from various recruitment events.
- Seek referrals from current Hope Academy families.
- Assist families with completion of application materials.
- Assist with coordination and set-up of internal Open House events and tours.
- Conduct one-on-one tours with prospective families and students.
- Provide admission data to supervisor for weekly and monthly reporting.
- Assist with various Admission and Family Ministry initiatives as directed.
- Meet regularly with supervisor for planning and accountability.
Basic Qualifications and Experience
- High School diploma or GED.
- Ability to travel and possess reliable transportation.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills.
- Ability to independently work effectively and efficiently, as well as within a team structure.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Supportive of the school’s mission to foster hope in God within the inner-city neighborhood of Minneapolis by providing youth with an outstanding, Christ-centered education.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Admission experience in education or vocational setting.
- Community canvasing and/or phone bank experience.
- Fluent in Spanish.
- People oriented.
- Inventive and Creative (bring new ideas).
- Genuinely pleasant and inviting.
- Compassionate, sensitive, and reliable.