Type: Full-time position.
Our Mission: We are driven by our mission to foster hope in God by closing the achievement gap and preparing our students for college and beyond. We are fueled by our love for God and his care for every one of our students which motivates us to get better every day. Join our team of mission-driven brothers and sisters to work hard, do good, and make a difference.
*Very Important: Before applying please read and carefully review our Mission + Vision, our Faith & Life Covenant, and our guiding principles about Cultural Harmony. All board members, faculty and staff are joining a covenant community in serving here at Hope Academy
The Accountant works with the Finance Director and Finance Assistant in ensuring that accurate and up to date financial records are maintained for Hope Academy. The Accountant will have primary responsibility for certain financial functions, and will also be a general financial resource for the school.
The following reflects essential functions for this position but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned:
- Have primary responsibility for Accounts Receivable (primarily tuition)
– Coordinate computation of ‘fair share tuition’ for all families, maintain accurate tuition records, initiate ACH debits from families’ accounts and process all other incoming payments
– Ensure that all tuition-related activities are properly recorded in Quickbooks
– Monitor accounts receivable aging, and lead tuition accountability process
- Process incoming donations, accurately recording the donor, donor’s intent, issuing gift receipts and performing other tasks related to the Development department
- Have primary responsibility for bank deposits
- Provide oversight and direction to Finance Assistant, review internal financial reports prior to distribution
- Have primary responsibility for Payroll processing
– Oversee/review inputs into ADP Time and Attendance
– Ensure that accurate records are kept of pay rates for all individuals, working with HR department, and that payroll is processed timely and accurately through ADP
– Review/oversee input of Payroll data into Quickbooks
- Prepare schedules required for annual audit by external auditors; assist Director with annual 990 filing
- Involvement in other finance/accounting activities
Key Skills, Traits, and Education
- Two-year or Four-year degree in Accounting, Finance or Business; or equivalent relevant experience
- Accounting/Finance experience, preferably including general ledger and financial reporting
- Strong integrity and reliability
- Ability to work independently and be attentive to details
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Self-starter, self-directed
- Experience in non-profit environment a plus
- Experience in faith-based, educational organization a plus
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office, especially Excel; and general ledger software – Quickbooks experience a plus
- Problem solving and strong analytical abilities
- Strong organizational and time management skills
General Faculty Qualifications
Supportive of the school’s mission to foster hope in God within the inner-city neighborhood of Minneapolis by providing youth with an outstanding, Christ-centered education.