The purpose of this position is to support the Lower and Upper School Principals with the Academic Operations of the school.
The following reflects essential functions for this position but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- – Coordinate standardized testing administration
- – Liaison between Hope Academy and local colleges for classroom observations, practicums, and student teaching experiences
- – Liaison between Hope Academy and Minneapolis Public Schools for Title II and IV coordination (contracts, budget, requests…)
- – Liaison between Hope Academy and partner organizations (Junior Achievement, Revive Youth Ministry, A+ Driving School, Inverted Arts…)
- – Owner of the School Informational System (SIS) processes for grading and reporting
- – Assist with other reporting (survey administration and results)
- – Assist with event execution (Parent-Teacher Conferences, Alumni Lunch, End of Year Events, Spelling Bee, Rolls for the Honor Roll…)
- – Co-edit weekly parent communication
- – Teacher and staff follow-up
- – Assist with annual accreditation and other grant updates and site visits
- – Help with Summer Session logistics
- – Work with Substitute Teacher Coordinator on sub processes, handbook, onboarding
- – Oversee student device distribution and collection
- – Draft school calendars
- – Other tasks related to the academic operations of the school
- BA or BS required.
- Proficient with Microsoft including Office 365 and especially Excel.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Strong detail-orientation; High follow-through; Ability to prioritize work and meet all deadlines and maintain confidential information.
- The ideal candidate will have a passion for the mission and work of Hope Academy and a desire to play an integral part in growing the impact of Hope Academy.
- Ability to effectively work in a multi-racial, multi-ethnic, and economically disadvantaged urban community.