Type: Full-time 40 hours per week
Our Mission: We are driven by our mission to foster hope in God by closing the achievement gap and preparing our students for college and beyond. We are fueled by our love for God and his care for every one of our students which motivates us to get better every day. Join our team of mission-driven brothers and sisters to work hard, do good, and make a difference.
Very Important – Before applying please read and carefully review our Statement of Faith, our Hope Academy Faith & Life Covenant, and our Guiding Principles about Cultural Harmony (see the Job Postings page at www.hopeschool.org). All board members, faculty and staff are joining a covenant community in serving here at Hope Academy.
Position Goal: Proactively apply management and administrative skills in a manner which will optimize the effectiveness and efficiency of Lower and Upper School academic operations.
Key Functions to Support:
- PowerSchool – Point person for our School Informational System. Others help with various aspects, but responsible for oversight of the following:
- – Courses/Sections – Setup, Reg, Schedule
- – Grading; Courses/Sections – TEAMS interface
- – Grade Reporting – Report Cards, Transcripts
- – Health
- – Parent/Student Portal
- – People – Contacts, Staff/Teachers, Students
- – Processes – BOY, EOT, EOY, SS
- – Reporting, Data Analysis, Import/Export
- – Support – Teacher, Staff, Parents, Students
- Lower School Academic Support – Oversee/Drive Lower School academic reporting and administrative data update and system setup.
- Upper School Academic Support – Provide support and assistance to Upper School Academic support personnel related to the applications and systems being used, as well as driving the elective registration process.
- Title Programs Support – Liaise between Hope Academy and the Minneapolis Public Schools regarding Title funding, contracts, and communication.
- University Classroom Programs – Liaise between Hope Academy and local universities regarding classroom observations, practicums, and student teaching.
- Teacher Licensure – Oversee/Drive teacher licensure and continuing education tracking.
- Accreditation – Oversee/Drive the Accreditation renewal and annual reports.
Key Functions to Support
- Administration/Process/Procedure – Review, analyze, optimize processes and procedures.
- Applications/Systems – Utilize application/system experience and expertise to gain full value from and proactively optimize the use of various tools, software, etc. (e.g., PowerSchool).
- Project Management and Execution – Utilize project management and execution expertise to define, lead and/or participate in Hope Academy projects which help achieve the position goal.
- Professional Development – Continue to expand skills and capabilities by reserving time to explore new ideas, build new skills and improve overall capabilities.
- Occasionally assist with school functions (Device distribution/collection, Parent Involvement Days, End-of-year events…)
- Other duties as assigned.
General Faculty Qualifications
- Supportive of the school’s mission to foster hope in God within the inner-city neighborhood of Minneapolis by providing youth with an outstanding, Christ-centered education.
- Ability to effectively educate in a multi-racial, multi-ethnic, and economically disadvantaged urban community.
- Desire to equip the children of the city with an academically rigorous, comprehensive, classical Christian education to prepare them to deal with the complex issues of living in this present society.
- Minimum BS or BA preferred.
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) knowledge is required.