With up to three million children missing from school nationwide, we’re extra grateful for 14 weeks (and counting!) of mostly in-person learning, and the stability and normalcy it’s brought to our students and families. Here are just a few ways we’ve seen God at work through your prayers and support:
- 545 urban children are receiving a remarkable, God-centered education at Hope Academy.
- Students are actively engaged in their classes, with 95% attendance.
- Each child has a technology device and safe access to their schoolwork.
- 97% of parents completed their parent-teacher conferences.
- Hundreds of parents were equipped at Parent Involvement Day. Workshops covered topics like: helping children cope with trauma, communicating effectively with teens, and staying mentally and physically healthy during winter.
- Staff have distributed $32,000 in Crisis Relief Funds to families and connected them to other resources in the community.
- We’ve added a second school social worker to help families with the immense challenges of this year.
- Students and families are being blessed with new books, gifts to open on Christmas, and a special holiday meal to enjoy.
In this especially challenging year, you are helping to make Hope possible for hundreds of children and families in Minneapolis. We thank God for you and pray this season brings you more joy in Him.