Right now, African American, Hispanic, and Native American children in Minneapolis have less than a 60% chance of graduating from high school on time.
That makes my heart break.
The good news is, we can all do something about that. But like all love, it will mean sacrifice.
C.S. Lewis said: “There is no safe investment. To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything, and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly broken.”
Friends, there is no greater joy than investing in the life of another person–especially a child.
I don’t know what God might be calling you to, but I know there is no better advice than to “store up for yourselves treasures in heaven” (Mt. 6:20), and why not start now?
May God give you faith today to love your neighbor, whatever the price may be. I guarantee it will be worth it.
Growing Hope Update–Student Funding Top Priority
Last month, I shared that we’ve hit the homestretch of the Growing Hope Capital Campaign to serve 700 students in Minneapolis, and help plant 10 Hope Academy-style schools nationwide.
And while we are thrilled to Grow and Spread Hope, our number one priority is to faithfully serve the students God has currently entrusted to our care.
- 500students are receiving a remarkable, God-centered education at Hope Academy this school year. Praise God!
- 10 people have already signed up to financially Partner with a student, and we’re trusting God for 35 more.
- 3 classes of Kindergarten need Day Sponsors – 180 each.
- Spreading Hope’s first school plant, Harbor Christian Academy in Houston, TX, welcomed 3 classes of students today!
- Through you, God has provided $7.15 million to Grow Hope in Minneapolis, and $1 million to Spread Hope nationally.
- We’re seeking an additional $1.4 million in above-and-beyond giving by August 2019 to finalize our expansion and make room for more students.