Hope Academy is seeking a Volunteer Coordinator to help facilitate successful group and individual volunteer placements at Hope Academy in a way that will meaningfully engage volunteers, and help our students, teachers, staff and school continue to grow in size and excellence.
The mission of Hope Academy is to foster hope in God within the inner-city neighborhoods of Minneapolis by providing youth with a remarkable, classical, Christ-centered education. Hope Academy serves over 500 students with the goal of growing to 700 students in the coming years.
• Weekly Volunteers – Manage the intake, placement, training, staff communication, and ongoing needs of weekly volunteers to meet school needs, and help to grow weekly volunteer engagement.
• Volunteer Groups – Coordinate and plan meaningful volunteer group events.
• Event Support – Manage external and internal volunteers for school events. Provide other event support as needed.
• Volunteer Programs – Manage volunteer programs and program leads; help create new programs to meet needs as they arise.
• Substitute Teacher Coordination – Manage substitute teacher pool and place substitute teachers on a weekly basis, as needed.
• Highly missional – in agreement with Hope Academy’s Statement of Faith & Faith and Life Covenant.
• Self-starting – create paths where none existed before and willingly dive into new territory.
• Strong project manager – able to spearhead and coordinate many different projects with grace.
• Agile – able to wear multiple hats when needed; comfortable with ambiguity.
• Resourceful – find ways to accomplish goals with modest resources.
• Skilled and experienced.
• Excellent written and oral communication and active listening skills.
• Strong time, organizational, and project management skills.
• Detail-oriented with high follow-through.
• Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Office 365.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
• This is a 40 hour/wk., benefit-eligible position.
• Print out and complete the Staff Application (PDF) found at http://hopeschool.org/about-us/employment/.
• Send the Staff Application, along with a resume and cover letter to the address noted on the Employment Forms page.
• Start date: December 1.