The Technology Integration Specialist and Instructor plays a key role in building and delivering a strong technology program for the school. The role has two key aspects. First, the Technology Integration Specialist aspect of the job will help train and support teachers in how to integrate technology in the classroom. Second, the Technology Instructor part of the job will focus on the development of a K-12 technology curriculum and teaching classes defined for delivering that curriculum.
SPIRITUAL AND EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Develops/selects and follows a Biblically-informed curriculum that will guide the technology instruction.
- Demonstrates leadership that helps students and teachers recognize the value we place on honoring the Lord with our gifts and talents.
- Is a person of public prayer, and spiritual wisdom and guidance for our students.
- Is someone of the utmost integrity, who is passionately committed to Christ.
TECHNOLOGY INTEGRATION SPECIALIST
In the area of Technology Integration, this person is responsible for the following activities:
- Individual Meetings with Teachers – meets with teachers on-request to assist with technology skills development and application of technology tools in the classroom.
- In-Class Participation – classes can be lead or co-lead by this person. In addition, this person is available to observe classroom conduct and make suggestions for how to enhance the integration of technology into the classroom.
- Technology Planning Committee –plays a key role in the technology planning committee. The goal of the committee is to continue envisioning the best use of technology at Hope.
- Professional Development Planning – plays a key role looking for and investigating technology-related professional development opportunities for staff and teachers.
- Research and Application – spends time being a “user of technology”, putting into practice the concepts that teachers could be applying in the classroom. Builds a network with other educators in order to share best practices and gain new insights which could be applied at Hope. Puts technology “on display” in various ways throughout the school.
In the area of Technology Instructor, this person is responsible for the following:
- Curriculum Planning – responsible for the development of the K-12 technology curriculum including outlining key outcomes for various grade levels. As part of the curriculum planning process the definition for what classes will be offered at each grade level will also be specified.
- Teaching Classes – this reflects the current expectations for teaching. This will evolve over time as the curriculum planning process is completed. The content of the technology classes will be coordinated with projects being done at each grade level.
- Lower School Teaching – conducts a technology class session with each class section for Grades K through 5. Length of each class period TBD.
- Middle School Teaching – conducts a technology class which meets regularly. Exact schedule TBD.
- Upper School Teaching – conducts a technology elective class which meets regularly. Exact schedule TBD.