Important – Before applying please read and carefully review our Statement of Faith as well as our Hope Academy Faith & Life Covenant (see the Job Postings page at www.hopeschool.org). All board members, faculty and staff are joining a covenant community in serving here at Hope Academy.
- Full time, 1.0 FTE position plus summer school.
- Provide crisis intervention for students K-12 as needed
- Consult with teachers and staff regarding student needs
- Facilitate referral process to enable our students to receive more intensive therapy and support
- Report to the Director of Student Support. Teams with Upper School and Lower School Deans of Students and on-site Mental Health professionals to provide social/emotional support to our student body
- Advocacy skills and knowledge about the effects of adverse childhood experiences
- Strong communication skills
- Desire to work well in a team
- Ability to navigate a variety of needs effecting students
- Ability to make decisions and take actions in a timely manner
- Knowledgeable about making appropriate referrals to mental health services
- Ability to complete necessary documentation in a timely manner
- Licensed Social Worker (LGSW or LICSW), Masters of Social Work (MSW)
- See the additional General Faculty Requirements and how “To Apply” below.
General Faculty Qualifications
- Supportive of the school’s mission to foster hope in God within the inner-city neighborhood of Minneapolis by providing youth with an outstanding, Christ-centered education.
- Ability to effectively educate in a multi-racial, multi-ethnic, and economically disadvantaged urban community.
- Desire to equip the children of the city with an academically rigorous, comprehensive, classical Christian education to prepare them to deal with the complex issues of living in this present society.
- Willingness to go above and beyond in building relationships with students.
Print out and complete our Teacher Application (PDF), along with two letters of recommendation, and a cover letter.
Mail or email completed application, letters of recommendation, and cover letter to:
ATTN: Tennille Ziegler, Human Resources
2300 Chicago Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55404