This position is for the second half of the 2017-18 school year.
Very Important – Before applying please read and carefully review our Statement of Faith as well as our Hope Academy Faith & Life Covenant (see the Job Postings page at www.hopeschool.org). All board members, faculty and staff are joining a covenant community in serving here at Hope Academy.
- Teach two sections of 1st grade general music.
- Includes regular teaching responsibilities such as lesson planning, collaboration with other staff on curriculum, and reporting quarterly grades on student report cards.
- Training in Orff-Schulwerk or Kodaly approaches preferred, but not required.
- This is a part-time position (0.06 FTE) and is only for the duration of the school year. This position (as well as additional classes) may be available next year depending on current teacher scheduling for the 2018-19 school year.
- Classes are held Wednesdays and Fridays from 2:45 – 3:45 p.m.
- Salary is based on education and years of classroom teaching experience.
- See the additional General Faculty Requirements and how “To Apply” below.
General Faculty Qualifications
- Supportive of the school’s mission to foster hope in God within the inner-city neighborhood of Minneapolis by providing youth with an outstanding, Christ-centered education.
- Ability to effectively educate in a multi-racial, multi-ethnic, and economically disadvantaged urban community.
- Desire to equip the children of the city with an academically rigorous, comprehensive, classical Christian education to prepare them to deal with the complex issues of living in this present society.
- Willingness to go above and beyond in building relationships with students.
- Minimum BS or BA in Education preferred.
Print out and complete our Teacher Application (PDF), along with two letters of recommendation, and a cover letter.
Mail or email completed application, letters of recommendation, and cover letter to:
ATTN: Tennille Ziegler, Human Resources
2300 Chicago Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55404