I was standing in the hallway this morning as a steady stream of urban parents entered Hope Academy for their kids’ parent-teacher conferences. As we address the crisis in urban education, nothing brings me more joy than seeing parents responding to our gentle prodding that they are the first and most important teachers in their students’ lives.
This made me overflow with joy for you, our supporters, and all the work the Lord has done through your support and generosity.
Join us in thanking God for:
- 13 Hope Academy seniors who recently returned from sharing the love of Christ with children in the Dominican Republic
- 24 tenth graders who spent the past week sacrificially serving youth and the elderly in downtrodden areas ofNew Orleans, growing in their relationships with God and one another
- Sustained enrollment of more than 400 inner-city youth who every day are receiving a remarkable, Christ-centered education
- Hundreds of parents who are attending their kids’ parent-teacher conferences yesterday and today.
- Nearly 450 Evening of Hope guests who celebrated God’s incredible works of redemption in Hope Academy families and alumni – click to watch!
More than that, we praise God for the unquantifiable grace he provides for us each day through our Lord Jesus Christ. “Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!” (2 Co. 9:15, NIV).
We praise the Lord as well for:
- The prayers you’ve prayed for our students, families, teachers and staff
- Your sacrificial generosity in providing Hope to families who wouldn’t otherwise have access to a remarkable, Christ-centered education in inner-city Minneapolis
- Your hours upon hours of tutoring, mentoring and volunteering with our students.
Now, “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit” (Romans 15:15, NIV).
Russ Gregg, Head of School