Middle School Director – Part Time (0.5 FTE)
Very Important – Before applying please read and carefully review our Statement of Faith as well as our Hope Academy Faith & Life Covenant (see the Job Postings page at www.hopeschool.org). All board members, faculty and staff are joining a covenant community in serving here at Hope Academy.
- Grade-band Directors oversee teacher instruction.
- Middle School Director position oversees nine full and part time 6th through 8th grade teachers.
- Part-time position (0.5 FTE = 20 hrs/wk)
- Attend bi-weekly meetings with other Grade-band Directors and Principals to work with Achievement Network on understanding standards and academic rigor
- Observe Middle School classrooms teachers
- Meet bi-weekly with teachers to discuss lesson plans, curriculum/pacing, and Habits of the Heart
- Meet weekly with the Upper School Principal
- Lead Grade-band check-in times or PLCs (Professional Learning Communities) with teachers
- Salary is based on education and years of classroom teaching experience.
- See the additional General Faculty Requirements and how “To Apply” below.
- Supportive of the school’s mission to foster hope in God within the inner-city neighborhood of Minneapolis by providing youth with an outstanding, Christ-centered education.
- Ability to effectively educate in a multi-racial, multi-ethnic, and economically disadvantaged urban community.
- Desire to equip the children of the city with an academically rigorous, comprehensive, classical Christian education to prepare them to deal with the complex issues of living in this present society.
- Minimum BS or BA in Education preferred.
- Minimum 3 years teaching experience; urban setting preferred.
Print out and complete our Staff Application (PDF), along with two letters of recommendation, and a cover letter.
Mail or email completed application, letters of recommendation, and cover letter to:
ATTN: Tennille Ziegler, Human Resources
2300 Chicago Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55404