Role – Primary Objectives
Collaborate with staff in supporting students with disabilities.
Providing direct student service to students who have learning disabilities in grades K-5.
Duties and Responsibilities
The following reflects essential functions for this position but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
Direct Student Services:
- Provide academic support for students with 504 Accommodation Plans, or additional identified needs
- Maintain accommodations needed for students with 504 Accommodation Plans
- Be aware of and advocate for students who might benefit from academic testing
Indirect Student Services:
- Work with teachers to implement accommodations needed by these students
- Provide input for ISP evaluation planning meetings and 504 accommodations
- Support and encourage parents as they seek to assist in their children’s academic needs, including sharing information that may support academic growth in the home
Qualifications and Education Requirements
The ideal candidate will have a passion for the mission and work of Hope Academy and a desire to play an integral part in helping students with special needs to thrive through their learning at Hope Academy.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education preferred, but not required
- Experience in teaching elementary school students with learning disabilities
- Adheres to the Hope Academy Statement of Faith and Faith and Life Covenant
- Passion, enthusiasm, focus, creativity, and positive outlook
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to collaborate with team members
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills to accommodate the needs of the students
Thorough knowledge of the impact of learning disabilities on education