Hope Academy is a K-12 private school located in Minneapolis. Our mission is to foster hope in God within the inner-city neighborhoods of Minneapolis by providing youth with an outstanding Christ-centered education.
Hope Academy is looking to hire a Head of Finance & Operations starting as soon as possible.
The Head of Finance & Operations is responsible for leadership and direction of the business & admin, facilities, human resources, and technology processes of Hope Academy. The Head of Finance & Operations is a member of the senior leadership team and reports directly to the Head of School.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees overall school finances, prepares and manages school budget, including Landlord-Tenant Facility-related financials
- Oversees overall school internal financial controls, regulatory compliance, and financial reporting
- Maintains relationships with banks, investment institutions, auditors and other external providers of financial services in managing banking and investments for the school
- Develops, recommends, and oversees implementation of financial, collections, tuition-related and other business-operational policies
- Develops long-range financial planning models; monitors progress toward following those models
- Serves as authorized signer on all school matters including financial, physical plant, vendor contracts and other documents and contracts
- Leads and facilitates school-wide budgeting process with Senior Leadership Team
- Evaluates school systems for efficiency and quality control
- Manages relationships with vendors, evaluating contracts for cost savings, efficiency, and effectiveness
- Oversees relationship with Property Management company, ensuring appropriate operation and maintenance of physical plant and capital assets
- Oversees risk management, insurance, safety and security
- Oversees staff responsible for carrying out building & grounds, HR, business & admin technology objectives
- Provides oversight to cafeteria staff, including proper reporting of federal free/reduced lunch program
- Will establish a transportation department including the purchase of two vans and implementing proper policies to assure full compliance with all laws
- Oversees non-teaching staff, including managing job descriptions, staff appreciation, and creatively and cost-effectively managing staff growth, restructuring and/or contraction
- Ensures that School Master Calendar process is streamlined among Senior Leadership.
- Develops a Facility Usage plan for both Hope Academy-related activities as well as outside groups.
- Facilitates the professional handling of all facility rental agreements and relationships, including insurance documentation and processing
- As member of collaborative senior leadership team, provides overall oversight and leadership of the school
- Assists in development and implementation of school policies and procedures, and provides leadership role in communicating these to school
- Provides information to the Board and Board Committees and/or other entities on a regular basis and as requested
- Completes annual evaluation of direct reports; making hiring decisions for all direct reports
- Coordinates training and development of staff
- Performs other duties and projects as delegated by Senior Leadership and/or Head of School
Skills and Requirements
- Fully aligned with the Hope Academy Faith & Life Covenant, including a section on Core Theological Values; including a calling to urban ministry, racial reconciliation, a complementarian view of male-female image-bearing, and Reformed theological convictions.
- Financial and management experience including budget preparation, financial statements, fund-accounting, investment management and financial reporting experience
- 3-5 years experience in a Christian school or faith-based non-profit strongly preferred but not required
- BA degree required in related area of study; MBA or CPA preferred
- Broad-based operations and facilities management experience
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Strong interpersonal, relationship-building, communication and management skills
- Effective team building, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and be attentive to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent judgment, leadership and decision-making abilities
- Strong integrity and reliability
- A self-starter who is self-directed, and willing to do things him or herself if necessary
- Strong Computer proficiency with experience in PC platform computers, Google Docs, Microsoft Office (especially Excel), Quickbooks, and/or other relevant systems experience.
- Commensurate with the Hope Academy pay scale for administrators, which takes into consideration the education and experience of the candidate.
- Benefit eligible
- Subject to satisfactory background check