Hope Academy is seeking a Partner Relations and Development Officer to cultivate deeper relationships with current financial Partners, expand the number of Partners supporting our students and families, and assist the development team in growing the Partner support model. This position reports to the Head of Institutional Advancement.
The mission of Hope Academy is to foster hope in God within the inner-city neighborhoods of Minneapolis by providing youth with a remarkable, classical, Christ-centered education. Hope Academy serves over 470 students with the objective of reaching 700 students by the year 2026. While the operating support for nearly all private schools is tuition-focused, at Hope Academy nearly 90% of our operating costs are covered by generous giving. Since about 75% of our families have income below the federal poverty line, tuition only covers about 10% of our operating costs. Our gracious financial Partners (individuals, businesses, foundations, and churches who sponsor a student or more) and donors cover the rest.
- Develop and manage a portfolio of current and prospective Partners, and provide personal, meaningful engagement (onsite or offsite) with each Partner at multiple points annually.
- Identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and provide ongoing relational communication with Partner prospects.
- Work collaboratively with the development team to increase the relationship-building efforts of Hope Academy.
- Play a key role in inviting guests to regular and special Tour of Hope events and facilitating Partner involvement in spreading the word about Hope Academy.
- Maintain a working knowledge of fundraising best practices and attend seminars and conferences annually for personal growth and development.
- Work with the development team to promote and communicate Hope Academy to our external constituents.
- Highly missional. Agree with Hope Academy’s Statement of Faith & Faith and Life Covenant.
- Self-starting. Create paths where none existed before and willingly dive into new territory.
- Stewardship Minded. An interest in gospel-focused organizations, with some history of volunteering, giving, and working for these organizations, which results in deriving satisfaction from cultivating stewardship in donors.
- Possess high moral integrity and ability to maintain high degree of confidentiality.
- Trained and Experienced.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, marketing or a related field.
- Minimum three years of successful experience in marketing and sales, major gift fundraising, or an external, relational position in a similar non-profit.
- Willing to travel (mostly Twin Cities metro) and able to make evening and weekend presentations, as needed.
Compensation and Benefits
- Starting salary between $45-55k depending on experience and qualifications of the candidate.
- This is a full-time, benefit eligible position.
- Print out and complete the Staff Application (PDF) found at http://hopeschool.org/about-us/employment/.
- Send the Staff Application, along with a resume and cover letter to the address noted on the Employment Forms page.