This temporary position is for the second semester of the 2017-18 school year (January 29 – June 1, 2018). The current middle school Language Arts teacher is taking a leave for the semester and will be returning next year; thus, this position is only for the remainder of this year.
Very Important – Before applying please read and carefully review our Statement of Faith as well as our Hope Academy Faith & Life Covenant (see the Job Postings page at www.hopeschool.org). All board members, faculty and staff are joining a covenant community in serving here at Hope Academy.
- Teach 7th/8th grade Language Arts classes.
- This teaching position includes additional full-time teacher responsibilities besides just teaching the classes (Advisory class, activities period, lunch duties, devotions, team prep times, other responsibilities).
- Salary is based on education and years of classroom teaching experience.
- See the additional General Faculty Requirements and how “To Apply” below.
General Faculty Qualifications
- Supportive of the school’s mission to foster hope in God within the inner-city neighborhood of Minneapolis by providing youth with an outstanding, Christ-centered education.
- Ability to effectively educate in a multi-racial, multi-ethnic, and economically disadvantaged urban community.
- Desire to equip the children of the city with an academically rigorous, comprehensive, classical Christian education to prepare them to deal with the complex issues of living in this present society.
- Willingness to go above and beyond in building relationships with students.
- Minimum BS or BA in Education preferred.
Print out and complete our Teacher Application (PDF), along with two letters of recommendation, and a cover letter.
Mail or email completed application, letters of recommendation, and cover letter to:
ATTN: Tennille Ziegler, Human Resources
2300 Chicago Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55404