Hope Academy is seeking a Manager of Marketing and Communications to guide the implementation of Hope Academy’s communication, branding, and marketing efforts. This position reports to the Head of Institutional Advancement and works closely with school’s Leadership Team to ensure our unique value propositions are clearly communicated to our target audiences. The purpose of this position is to help Hope Academy increase annual giving, increase student enrollment, and retain and engage families.
The mission of Hope Academy is to foster hope in God within the inner-city neighborhoods of Minneapolis by providing youth with a remarkable, classical, Christ-centered education. Hope Academy serves over 470 students with the objective of reaching 700 students by the year 2021. Because most of our families cannot afford a private education, 90% of Hope’s operating funds are provided through private donations. A comprehensive, well executed communication and marketing plan is critical to meeting both enrollment and funding objectives.
- Highly missional – in agreement with Hope Academy’s Statement of Faith & Faith and Life Covenant.
- Self-starting – create paths where none existed before and willingly dive into new territory.
- Agile – able to wear multiple hats when needed; comfortable with ambiguity.
- Resourceful – find ways to accomplish goals with modest resources.
Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in related field.
A track record of marketing communications success in online, digital, print, and social media, as well as integrated campaigns.
Experience with photo/video production and the creation of media content preferred.
Basic graphic design and production skills required. Branding experience a plus.
Excellent written communication skills.
Strong time and project management skills.
Event planning experience a plus.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Starting salary between $40-50k depending on experience and qualifications of the candidate.
- This is a full-time, benefit eligible position.