Hope Academy is a K-12 private Christian school located in Minneapolis. Our mission is to foster hope in God within the inner-city neighborhoods of Minneapolis by providing youth with an outstanding Christ-centered education.
Teen Challenge offers Christ-centered, faith-based solutions for youth, adults, and families struggling with life-controlling problems, such as addiction.
These two entities reside at 2300 Chicago Avenue, Minneapolis and have an immediate opening for: Building Maintenance Support
This is a full-time, year-round position, responsible for supporting and reporting to the Hope Academy Building Engineer. This person must be available to work Monday-Friday for 40 hours per week. In addition, this person may need to be available periodically for on-call nights and weekends for emergencies.
Qualifications for this position include:
- Highly missional. Agree with Hope Academy’s Statement of Faith and Hope Academy’s Faith and Life Covenant (www.hopeschool.org)
- Mechanical aptitude
- Minimum three years maintenance/mechanical/HVAC experience, plus related technical education and certification. Custodial experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of educational/commercial building structures, with knowledge of codes preferred
- Open towards working on attaining a boiler license
- Good physical condition, able to lift a minimum of 50lbs regularly and 75lbs occasionally. Ability to perform following actions for the duration of an entire shift: walking, twisting and turning, stooping and bending, gripping, working with arms over one’s head, climbing ladders and working at heights. Physician verification may be required
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in the English language
- Ability to work independently and with a team; good interpersonal skills
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to positively interact with school teachers, staff, administration, students (k-12), parents and school guests
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to effectively prioritize
- Willingness to learn and ready to accept new challenges
- Willingness to be flexible and be able to multi-task
- Valid MN driver’s license
- High school graduate
- Basic computer familiarity
- Able to address and complete work orders and projects, including working with outside vendors and contractors
- Provide support in the operations and maintenance of all building HVAC systems, including boilers, chillers, cooling towers, pumps, ventilation units and other plant-related HVAC systems
- Help test and maintain building life safety (fire detection and alarm & fire sprinkler), emergency lighting, fire extinguishers and security systems
- Provide and follow a regular schedule of building inspection and preventive maintenance as directed by Building Engineer
- Help maintain building plumbing, lighting electrical, doors/locks and other systems and equipment
- Assist in the documentation of work and maintenance performed, including detailed log sheets on all appropriate equipment
- Support the Building Engineer in completing projects and perform all tasks necessary for the day-to-day operation of the facility
- Positively communicate concerns or needs to the Building Engineer
- Serve as an example of Hope Academy /Teen Challenge in support of their mission, strategies and initiatives
- Take on oversight of building in the absence of the Building Engineer
- Provide support to school staff such as hanging pictures, assembling small furniture, cleaning in emergency situations etc.
- Clean the cafeteria floor with a floor scrubber daily and manage trash
- Provide other light cleaning and trash services as directed
- Salary dependent upon qualifications
- Subject to satisfactory background check