FOOD SERVICE ASSISTANT
Before applying please read and carefully review our Statement of Faith as well as our Hope Academy Faith & Life Covenant . All board members, faculty and staff are joining a covenant community in serving here at Hope Academy.
School days: Monday-Friday 10:00 am -2:00 pm, (20 hours per week) during the school year
Under general supervision, completes a variety of tasks in the school cafeteria; prepares and serves food, cleans work areas and equipment, operates a service terminal, and prepares and transports bulk food and supplies. Work is performed in a commercial food service and kitchen work environment; moderate physical requirements, with risk of burns or cuts, frequent lifting, carrying and moving up to 50 pound containers of food preparation materials and equipment; may require working in a walk-in cooler.
• Oversee daily operations in the kitchen and cafeteria and staff, including ordering food & maintaining daily production records
• Assists the kitchen staff with basic food preparation, service, food storage, and maintaining the cleanliness of the kitchen, dining and storage areas.
• Performs work within scope of authority and training, and in compliance with NSLP and Hope Academy policies and quality standards; duties will vary according to job assignment.
• Counts snack or breakfast items to be sent to classrooms, may assist with bagging breakfast items for breakfasts served in classrooms.
• Cleans and maintains orderly, safe and sanitary conditions in kitchen facility; cleans dishes, kitchen utensils, equipment and kitchen surfaces.
• Prepares the service lines for meal time; serves meals as directed and in correct portions.
• Counts products received and shipped; verifies that the quantity, quality and type of products match the daily summaries and work orders. Stores food according to sanitary handling standards.
• Supports Hope Academy’s mission to foster hope in God within the inner-city neighborhood of Minneapolis by providing youth with an outstanding, Christ-centered education.
• Knowledge of:
o safety and sanitation practices for food preparation, holding and storage.
o Personal sanitation and hygiene regulations.
• Skill in:
o Following and maintaining safety standards.
o Following verbal and written instructions and procedures.
o Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with co-workers and school staff.
o Knowledge of principles of record keeping and records management.
o Spanish-speaking preferred but not required.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Food handling experience preferred.
Dependability; must have reliable transportation to the school.
Print out and complete our Staff Application along with a cover letter.
Mail or email completed application and cover letter to:
ATTN: Human Resources
2300 Chicago Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55404