Because we believe that excellence in education is only possible when there is an authentic partnership between our school staff and our parents/guardians, family accountability plays an essential role of a Hope Academy education.
Part of the remarkable education your student receives requires you to be an active part of their success. Together as Hope Academy teachers, staff, and parents we must model biblical accountability! Hope Academy parents / guardians are required to participate in the following events:
- Parent Orientation (Summer)
- Teacher Home Visits (Fall)
- Parent Involvement Days (Fall & Winter)
- Parent-Teacher Conferences (Fall & Winter)
- Family Tuition Conferences (Spring)
- Volunteer at any two all-school events (Examples include: Lower & Upper School Christmas Programs, Creative Expression Night, All School Picnic)
We ask parents/guardians of students at Hope Academy to renew each year the promises they made in signing our Family Covenant. Below is our Family Covenant that we partner with families in upholding:
In recognition of the promises of Hope Academy to provide your child with an outstanding Christ-centered education, and that my child’s success in school depends largely on my support and involvement:
- I accept the school’s mission statement, beliefs, and strategies of education that are in accordance with the Word of God and Biblical virtues.
- I agree to support the school in upholding its rules and policies as outlined in the appropriate Parent-School Handbook. As a parent, I am responsible for the behavior and actions of my child.
- I agree to participate in mandatory parent activities, including a Fall Parent Orientation, two Parent Involvement Days, two parent-teacher conferences and volunteer service during the year.
- I agree to pay the “Fair Share” portion of my child’s tuition that has been mutually agreed upon by parent and the school.
- I agree to provide a supportive, educational environment for my child, which includes:
- I will make sure my child arrives at Hope every day by the start of school (Mon.-Fri.)
- I will make sure my child follows the Hope Academy dress code.
- I will ensure that my child attends the Hope Summer Session
- I will check my child’s homework every night, try to read with him/her every night, and limit the amount of television he/she watches.
Failure to adhere to these commitments can cause my student to lose various privileges and can lead to my child’s removal from Hope Academy.