Before applying please read and carefully review our Statement of Faith as well as our Hope Academy Faith & Life Covenant . All board members, faculty and staff are joining a covenant community in serving here at Hope Academy.
The Director of Finance and H/R is responsible for leadership and direction of the Finance and Human Resource department at the school.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Establish accounting policies and procedures in accordance with GAAP
• Facilitate annual audit by external auditors
• Oversee school finances; including quarterly financial reporting, annual budget process, purchasing, payables, receivables, payroll and H/R.
• Oversee school internal financial controls, regulatory compliance and outside reporting requirements
• Serve as the primary check-signing authority
• Maintain relationships with banks, investment institutions, auditors and any other external providers of financial services
• Develop, recommend and oversee the implementation of tuition-related procedures and collections
• Develop financial planning models and forecasts
• Evaluate school systems for efficiency and quality control;
• Manages relationships with vendors, evaluating contracts for cost savings, efficiency and effectiveness;
• Serve as secondary authorized signer on all school matters including financial, physical plant, vendor contracts and other documents and contracts
• Understand and abide by all labor laws
• Oversee timecard processes, payroll and salary adjustments
• Oversee health insurance renewals and all other employee benefits
Skills and Requirements:
• Fully aligned with the mission and purpose of Hope Academy with a commitment to serve as a strong Christian role model
• Accounting experience including general ledger, financial statements, budget preparation, investment management and financial reporting experience
• BA degree required in related area; MBA or CPA preferred
• Strong integrity and reliability
• Excellent organizational and project management skills
• Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
• Effective team building, problem solving and analytical skills
• Ability to multi-task, work independently and be attentive to details
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Excellent judgment, leadership and decision-making abilities
• Self-starter, self-directed
• Experience in non-profit environment preferred
• Experience in faith-based, educational organization a plus
• Computer proficiency with experience in PC platform computers, Microsoft Office, Quickbooks etc.
Print out and complete our Staff Application along with a cover letter.
Mail or email completed application and cover letter to:
ATTN: Human Resources
2300 Chicago Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55404