Cafeteria Lunch Server: 10:30 a.m.- 2:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, school days
Description of Basic Functions and Responsibilities:
Under the general supervision of the Director of Food Service, assists in the operation of the school cafeteria: entering student pin numbers and performing other related tasks as required.
General Expectations of Kitchen/Cafeteria Staff:
• Support the value of a Christ-centered education.
• Uphold Hope Academy’s mission and values.
• Engage positively with students and other staff, maintain professional and respectful demeanor.
• React to change productively and handle other tasks as assigned.
• Exhibit Christ-like willingness to serve.
• Work as a team to assist kitchen staff as needed.
• No cell phones may be used during working hours unless you’re calling the Food Service Director or Maintenance for immediate help.
• High School Diploma / GED required
• Serves a large volume of a variety of foods to students at school as specified by the menus.
• Arranges food and beverage items for the purpose of serving them to students and staff in an efficient manner.
• Assists with making sure all students have the required components to qualify for a reimbursable meal.
• Assists in receiving and storing foods, condiments, and supplies to maintain adequate quantities and item security.
• Assists in clean-up of serving counters, salad bar, and milk cooler.
• Sets up food service areas and serves food.
• Practices safe food handling according Minnesota Health Department.
• Assists in the monitoring, reduction, and management of food waste.
• Performs daily, weekly, and monthly deep cleaning of the service areas and transportation equipment.
• Disposes of waste according to the Food Services Operating Procedures.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
To Apply: Print out and complete our Staff Application (PDF). Mail or email completed application to:
ATTN: Tennille Ziegler, Human Resources
2300 Chicago Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55404