Cafeteria Lunch Scanner: 11:30 a.m.- 2:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, school days
Description of Basic Functions and Responsibilities:
Under the general supervision of the Director of Food Service, assists in the operation of the school cafeteria: entering student pin numbers and performing other related tasks as required.
General Expectations of Kitchen/Cafeteria Staff:
• Support the value of a Christ-centered education.
• Uphold Hope Academy’s mission and values.
• Engage positively with students and other staff, maintain professional and respectful demeanor.
• React to change productively and handle other tasks as assigned.
• Exhibit Christ-like willingness to serve.
• Work as a team to assist kitchen staff as needed.
• No cell phones may be used during working hours unless you’re calling the Food Service Director or Maintenance for immediate help.
• High School Diploma / GED required
• Ensure all meals and milk served are correctly recorded in Chalkable Café (all student and staff pin numbers for meals served, are entered.)
• Check meal components to ensure each meal qualifies as reimbursable, according to National School Lunch Program guidelines. If a meal doesn’t qualify, help the student change their food selection so it does qualify.
• Assist new students in referencing pin numbers, as needed.
• Collect guest meal passes and correctly record guest meals.
• Daily, enter breakfast records for K-2 grades before lunch service.
• Promptly notify Food Service Director of any system issues and use backup procedures to ensure all meals at accurately recorded. (paper/pen to manually record, ensuring numbers are entered same-day).
• Meet annual training requirements, as directed by Food Service Director.
• Notify Food Service Director when additional supplies (eg. napkins, garbage bags, cleaning supplies) are needed.
• Encourage students to take a lunch and try new foods, encourage them to make healthy choices and eat a balanced lunch
• Assist in cleaning and maintaining cafeteria facilities, as time allows between classes:
o Encourage students to throw away trash, sweep and wipe tables
o Between classes, refresh trash cans, wipe up spills and generally maintain a tidy cafeteria.
o Tie trash bags when cans are 1/3 full
o Restock water cup dispenser
o Prepare wash buckets to sanitize tables, dump buckets and rinse rags daily.
o Uphold general health and cleanliness standards.
To Apply: Print out and complete our Staff Application (PDF). Mail or email completed application to:
ATTN: Tennille Ziegler, Human Resources
2300 Chicago Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55404