We are looking for Youth Basketball Coaches for Hope Academy’s winter basketball teams (Kindergarten through 7th grade). If you, or someone you know, is interested in volunteering, please contact Heather Timm – email@example.com.
About Michaela Maupin
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud Michaela Maupin contributed a whooping 51 entries.
Entries by Michaela Maupin
Middle School Director – Part Time (0.5 FTE)
Very Important – Before applying please read and carefully review our Statement of Faith as well as our Hope Academy Faith & Life Covenant (see the Job Postings page at www.hopeschool.org). All board members, faculty and staff are joining a covenant community in serving here at Hope Academy.
- Grade-band Directors oversee teacher instruction.
- Middle School Director position oversees nine full and part time 6th through 8th grade teachers.
- Part-time position (0.5 FTE = 20 hrs/wk)
- Attend bi-weekly meetings with other Grade-band Directors and Principals to work with Achievement Network on understanding standards and academic rigor
- Observe Middle School classrooms teachers
- Meet bi-weekly with teachers to discuss lesson plans, curriculum/pacing, and Habits of the Heart
- Meet weekly with the Upper School Principal
- Lead Grade-band check-in times or PLCs (Professional Learning Communities) with teachers
- Salary is based on education and years of classroom teaching experience.
- See the additional General Faculty Requirements and how “To Apply” below.
- Supportive of the school’s mission to foster hope in God within the inner-city neighborhood of Minneapolis by providing youth with an outstanding, Christ-centered education.
- Ability to effectively educate in a multi-racial, multi-ethnic, and economically disadvantaged urban community.
- Desire to equip the children of the city with an academically rigorous, comprehensive, classical Christian education to prepare them to deal with the complex issues of living in this present society.
- Minimum BS or BA in Education preferred.
- Minimum 3 years teaching experience; urban setting preferred.
Print out and complete our Staff Application (PDF), along with two letters of recommendation, and a cover letter.
Mail or email completed application, letters of recommendation, and cover letter to:
ATTN: Tennille Ziegler, Human Resources
2300 Chicago Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55404
Thirty-eight eighth grade students, four high school senior leaders, and three staff bussed to Dunrovin Retreat Center in Marine on St. Croix for one night. Despite the cold and rainy weather, students had a blast canoeing, participating
The Sheridan Story delivers free bags of groceries to Hope Academy every Friday. Sign up at the Main Office and we’ll send your child home with a bag each week! Families may opt in and opt out at any time.
Register for Before or After School Care for your K-5th grade students. The sliding fee will apply to both programs. To sign up, call the Main Office at 612-540-2000.
- Before School Care: 7:45 a.m. – 9:45 a.m.
- After School Care: 4:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Reminder: Children who are not registered but dropped off at the school before 9:30 a.m. will be sent to Before School Care. The one-time drop-off fee is $15.
Come join other moms for a wonderful time of Christ-centered learning, growing, and fellowship! This group meets every Wednesday in Room 145 from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. Questions? Contact Tunisunia Reed (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Mary Brown (email@example.com).
The beginning of a new school year can bring about feelings of joyful anticipation and excitement! But sadly, a new school year can also bring about…
- 1. Download the Box Tops app or go to https://www.boxtops4education.com.
- 2. Scroll down to find “Hope Academy” and enter your information.
- 3. Scan your receipt, WITHIN 14 DAYS, and Hope Academy will earn credit for your purchases.
- 4. If you have old Box Tops, you can still bring them in to and get credit. Click here to view a video demonstration or contact Stacey Welman at 612-207-6582 or Slwelman@gmail.com.
Thank you for your support! In the past couple of years, we’ve been able to purchase more than 100 NEW BOOKS and 200 used books for Hope’s library.
Go to http://www.mychalkablecafe.com/hopeacademy to access your parent lunch account. You can check your balance and make payments right from your chalkable account. Please note: Chalkable works better on desktop computers then on mobile devices. Questions? Contact Janette Takata at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 612-540-2010.
Click here to view the 2019-20 Hope Academy School Calendar. Please note that although Minneapolis isn’t starting school until after Labor Day, Hope Academy will be starting school on Monday, August 26th.
School Phone: 612-540-2000
School Fax: 612-722-9048
Lower School Ext: 2023
Upper School Ext: 2014
2300 Chicago Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55404-3834