Girls JV & Varsity practice began on Monday (11/11) from 4:30-6:30 p.m., M-Fri Boys JV & Varsity practice begins Monday (11/18) from 4:30-6:30 pm, M-Fri All JV and Varsity Basketball players (and families) should use Team Snap for team communication and schedules.
About Michaela Maupin
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud Michaela Maupin contributed a whooping 51 entries.
Entries by Michaela Maupin
All classes will go outside for recess on most days. Make sure your child has a warm jacket, hat, and mittens – with boots and snowpants when needed!
There are 6 different Youth Basketball leagues available for Hope Academy students. (6U, 8U, Boys 11U, Girls 11U, Boys 13U, and Girls 13U). Click here for more information on practices and game times. Cost is $20.
Game Schedules will be posted on Hope Academy’s Team App. Once registered and placed on a team, your child’s coach will email more details. If you are interested in coaching/helping or have any questions, please contact Heather Timm. Heathertimm@hopeschool.org
Click here to view + shop the catalog.
The catalog will close Mon, November 18th so make sure all your orders are submitted before then.
• Orders will be available to pick up (hopefully) December 16th.
• You can pick them up in the Development office. An email will be sent out notifying you when they arrive.
• Check https://www.fancloth.com/products for sizing information for each specific item. (Fyi – based on some feedback the sweatshirts run small. Make sure you check the chart.)
• Note: Items #25 and #26 are youth sizes. (on the website)
• All payments will be done through the website. We will not handle any cash/checks.
If your family has insurance, you are encouraged to bring your insurance cards, but you will be given flu shots regardless.
1. Sun, Nov 10th from 9:30 – 10:30 am at Kingdom Life Church (3751 Sheridan Ave N)
2. Fri, Nov 22nd from 5:30 – 7:30 pm at Loring Elementary during Family Night (2600 44th Ave N)
3. Fri, Nov 22nd from 4-6pm at Lucy Craft Laney Schools (3333 Penn Ave N)
4. Tue, Nov 26th clinic from 5-7pm at Jenny Lind Elementary (5025 Bryant Ave N)
Click here to download the November 2019 lunch menu. This month will feature lots of delicious dishes including arroz con pollo, pancakes, and lasagna!
It began as a question four years ago: “How could we provide a remarkable, God-centered education to even more urban youth?”
Our enrollment had topped 400, but we were running out of space. Many questions remained. Would financial Partners who already give so much give even more to make room for more students? Could we navigate the nuances of our old building, and build a new gym, even though we were land-locked?
Today we are celebrating the answer to all of those questions. It is a resounding “Yes, and amen!”
Through the joy-filled, above & beyond support of so many, God has provided 16 new classrooms, added student support spaces, an expanded cafeteria, and a new gymnasium.
We’ve also celebrated the launch of the Spreading Hope Network, a nationwide initiative to create 10 more Hope Academy-style schools around the country. The first school in Houston opened in 2018, and three more have opened now near Raleigh, Cleveland, and Oklahoma City.
What does this mean for urban youth?
- Our enrollment has already grown by 125 students, and we’ll be able to serve an additional 150 students in the coming years.
- Students are receiving more robust training in the sciences due to expanded science facilities.
- We’ll be able to grow our students’ appreciation for beauty, music, and art with the addition of designated art and music rooms for both our upper and lower schools.
- Students struggling academically and emotionally can receive one-on-one tutoring and support to help them be successful in the classroom.
- We’ll be able to deepen the sense of community among student and families through sufficient gym seating for basketball games.
- Expanded recess and physical education space will ensure that our urban students are exercising both their minds and bodies, and developing critical team-building skills.
- Lunch time will be more efficient and organized with the addition of a second serving line and added seating capacity.
- And thousands more inner city children will have access to a Christ-centered education around the country.
Praise God for each prayer warrior, student, and the 141 donors who together contributed $9.4 million to make hope in God come to life for more children in our city, and beyond.
With great joy,
Co-Founder & Head of School
Her Role: Main Office Coordinator. (You’ve probably seen her smiling face behind the front desk!) What does she do? Kim helps people who visit the office…
School Phone: 612-540-2000
School Fax: 612-722-9048
Lower School Ext: 2023
Upper School Ext: 2014
2300 Chicago Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55404-3834