Parent Involvement Day is on Saturday, October 26th. Registration begins at 8:30 am – program begins at 9 am. Be on time for your chance to win one of our several raffle prizes!
About Michaela Maupin
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud Michaela Maupin contributed a whooping 44 entries.
Entries by Michaela Maupin
The 9th-12th grade will be attending “The Glass Menagerie” this Wednesday, October 23.
This past Friday, our House Tournament challenged students to create a pancake business. Houses worked together to develop a commercial, flyer, and present their final pancake product. Students received points based in each of those categories. 1st Place: House Morris, 2nd Place: House Tenboom and 3rd Place: House Wilberforce & House Twiss.
Last week, our middle and high school students had the honor to hear from author, historian, and speaker Jemar Tisby. He spoke on the history of racism in America and talked about the wonderful privilege it is for students at Hope to be part of such a beautifully, ethnically diverse student body.
Fine Arts Music Students at North Central University are offering 8 weeks of low-cost piano, voice, or guitar lessons to any interested Lower School students. Lessons are from 4:30-5:30 on Mondays. Parents are responsible for transportation. For more information, contact Ellington Porter at email@example.com or 612.343.4137
It began as a question four years ago: “How could we provide a remarkable, God-centered education to even more urban youth?”
Our enrollment had topped 400, but we were running out of space. Many questions remained. Would financial Partners who already give so much give even more to make room for more students? Could we navigate the nuances of our old building, and build a new gym, even though we were land-locked?
Today we are celebrating the answer to all of those questions. It is a resounding “Yes, and amen!”
Through the joy-filled, above & beyond support of so many, God has provided 16 new classrooms, added student support spaces, an expanded cafeteria, and a new gymnasium.
We’ve also celebrated the launch of the Spreading Hope Network, a nationwide initiative to create 10 more Hope Academy-style schools around the country. The first school in Houston opened in 2018, and three more have opened now near Raleigh, Cleveland, and Oklahoma City.
What does this mean for urban youth?
- Our enrollment has already grown by 125 students, and we’ll be able to serve an additional 150 students in the coming years.
- Students are receiving more robust training in the sciences due to expanded science facilities.
- We’ll be able to grow our students’ appreciation for beauty, music, and art with the addition of designated art and music rooms for both our upper and lower schools.
- Students struggling academically and emotionally can receive one-on-one tutoring and support to help them be successful in the classroom.
- We’ll be able to deepen the sense of community among student and families through sufficient gym seating for basketball games.
- Expanded recess and physical education space will ensure that our urban students are exercising both their minds and bodies, and developing critical team-building skills.
- Lunch time will be more efficient and organized with the addition of a second serving line and added seating capacity.
- And thousands more inner city children will have access to a Christ-centered education around the country.
Praise God for each prayer warrior, student, and the 141 donors who together contributed $9.4 million to make hope in God come to life for more children in our city, and beyond.
With great joy,
Co-Founder & Head of School
Her Role: Main Office Coordinator. (You’ve probably seen her smiling face behind the front desk!) What does she do? Kim helps people who visit the office…
School Phone: 612-540-2000
School Fax: 612-722-9048
Lower School Ext: 2023
Upper School Ext: 2014
2300 Chicago Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55404-3834