Upper School Saturday Academic Support Teacher (Stipend)
Position is for the 2019-20 school year.
Very Important – Before applying please read and carefully review our Statement of Faith as well as our Hope Academy Faith & Life Covenant (see the Job Postings page at www.hopeschool.org). All board members, faculty and staff are joining a covenant community in serving here at Hope Academy.
- Supervise the Saturday Academic Support Center (ASC) for the Upper School (grades 6-12).
- The hours of Saturday ASC are 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon. The hours for this position are approximately 8:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. The extra time before and after are for set-up and waiting until all students have been picked up afterwards.
- Responsibilities include
- Monitoring students working (usually between 5-15 students) in the cafeteria.
- Answering student questions.
- Assigning detentions for students who do not show up.
- If volunteers are present, assigning them to work with specific students.
- Saturday ASC is open most Saturdays of the school year, except when there is Parent Involvement Day or the second Saturday of longer breaks.
- The pay is a $1000 stipend per semester.
- See the additional General Faculty Requirements and how “To Apply” below.
General Faculty Qualifications
- Supportive of the school’s mission to foster hope in God within the inner-city neighborhood of Minneapolis by providing youth with an outstanding, Christ-centered education.
- Ability to effectively educate in a multi-racial, multi-ethnic, and economically disadvantaged urban community.
- Desire to equip the children of the city with an academically rigorous, comprehensive, classical Christian education to prepare them to deal with the complex issues of living in this present society.
- Willingness to go above and beyond in building relationships with students.
- Minimum BS or BA in Education preferred.
Print out and complete our Teacher Application (PDF), along with two letters of recommendation, and a cover letter.
Mail or email completed application, letters of recommendation, and cover letter to:
ATTN: Tennille Ziegler, Human Resources
2300 Chicago Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55404