Part-Time Academic Support Center Tutor (6th – 12th grade) – 5 hours per week
Position is for the 2018-19 school year.
Very Important – Before applying please read and carefully review our Statement of Faith as well as our Hope Academy Faith & Life Covenant (see the Job Postings page at www.hopeschool.org). All board members, faculty and staff are joining a covenant community in serving here at Hope Academy.
- Upper School Academic Support Center Tutor (5 hours a week, hourly position)
- Assist the Academic Support Teacher by working with and tutoring middle and high school students at the Academic Support Center.
- The Academic Support Center is a place for students to get additional help with their school work before and after school. This position would only be for the before school time.
- Hours would be Monday-Friday 8:45-9:45 a.m.
- Five days a week is desired, but there is flexibility to work only 3 of the days during the week.
- Pay rate is $14.00 per hour.
- See the additional General Faculty Requirements and How To Apply below.
General Faculty Qualifications
- Supportive of the school’s mission to foster hope in God within the inner-city neighborhood of Minneapolis by providing youth with an outstanding, Christ-centered education.
- Ability to effectively educate in a multi-racial, multi-ethnic, and economically disadvantaged urban community.
- Desire to equip the children of the city with an academically rigorous, comprehensive, classical Christian education to prepare them to deal with the complex issues of living in this present society.
- Willingness to go above and beyond in building relationships with students.
- Minimum BS or BA in Education preferred.
Print out and complete our Teacher Application (PDF), along with two letters of recommendation, and a cover letter.
Mail or email completed application, letters of recommendation, and cover letter to:
ATTN: Tennille Ziegler, Human Resources
2300 Chicago Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55404